Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:42:43 PM EDT
For post 556

I've been hankerin for one of these for the longest time and finally, finally, it's here.  (Only took a week as Bushy had them in stock but it's been years,
okay a good long time anyway, in the making WANTING.)

Complete Bushmaster 20" A4 Gov't profile, 1/7" rifle.

Hopefully next year I can get an appropriate ACOG but I'm not holding my breath.

Before cleaning

Barrel markings (can't really see the 1 in 1/7 but it's there)

After cleaning

Terrible lighting, horrid backgrounds, but I sure like the rifle and can't wait to shoot it.

There's funky film on the upper on both sides, using CLP won't get it off so I'm going to try some Hoppe's.

The stock also seems to have a film on it.

Some fodder that I'll be launching from this beauty.

Thanks for looking and sharing,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice looking rifle.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I liked before you cleaned it...........

Congrats...........
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet rifle!  Man I love 20" ARs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It's black. Are Bushmasters supposed to be black?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks Good Buddy!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice weapon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice Bush master
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#9]
sweet, now go shoot it
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:00:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations, Scotter!!      

Classic rifle.

Did Bushmaster ship it with the teflon 30 rounder?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:09:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice rifle!  

Looks familiar, except mine is an A2.  I am glad though as it will keep me from turning it into something else.  I had a colt 4x on it years ago but I enjoy shooting iron sights better.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the positive comments so far.  I'm still hoping to get out to shoot it, we've been having snowstorms two of the last four days.

I almost made it out the door tonight before work but the wife needed an errand run.  Oh well, they'll be other days.

redfisher, yes they shipped w/ a grey teflon 30-rounder.

I'm looking at a Matech BUIS, Specter SOP Armed Forces Deployment Package sling, and a Surefire package from Calvin at BrightFlashlights to get it practical.  As stated, I'll have to save some pennies for an ACOG though.
Scott
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice weapon and congrats !
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice, I like it very much.  And thanks a lot, now I might have to get one like it next!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Plain Jane kicks ass...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Doesnt bushmaster already do this?

NM, misread the post.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I like it, good luck with it. I'm sure it will be a sweet shooter.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You ordered the upper or the whole rifle direct from Bushmaster?

I would LOVE if some company would FINALLY release a Govt Profile 20" rifle right out of the box as a standard option!

Bushmaster has the option of the whole rifle Govt. profile, you just specify in your order that you want 1/7 twist instead of 1/9.  They only offer the 1/7 option in the 14.5" M4 Profile and their 20" Govt. profile rifles.

Oh and any new rifle bought from Bushmaster or an authorized dealer will come with everything you saw in his pics, teflon mag and all.

Btw, thats a sexy lookin rifle.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#20]
new-arguy: Ordered as a complete rifle directly from Bushmaster but they did charge extra for the carry handle?!?!?!  I was a little bit WTF?, this is Bushmaster not RRA right, but oh well.

Product code for a complete rifle as shown above is BCWA3S20A2X.  The bold A2 denotes gov't profile and the bold X denotes 1/7 twist.  If I understand correctly, if you want to order the rifles/carbines with 1/7 there's got to be an X somewhere in the product code and it's usually at the end.

It'd be nice if Bushmaster would at least make mention of this in their catalogs but I have yet to see it printed anywhere.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I had to make my dealer send them his FFL so he could order directly from them, it helps that my dealer is also my dad but that's what we had to do.

I had hoped he could order it through one of his current wholesalers, hoping to get the price of a 20" A3 HBAR, but they didn't have it in their computer so they couldn't order it.

Good luck in your search.  If you need any other help, hit up GI_Brat he's got all the product codes and is a great resource for any info you might need.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
new-arguy: Ordered as a complete rifle directly from Bushmaster but they did charge extra for the carry handle?!?!?!  I was a little bit WTF?, this is Bushmaster not RRA right, but oh well.

Product code for a complete rifle as shown above is BCWA2S 20X.  The bold A2 denotes gov't profile and the bold X denotes 1/7 twist.  If I understand correctly, if you want to order the rifles/carbines with 1/7 there's got to be an X somewhere in the product code and it's usually at the end.

It'd be nice if Bushmaster would at least make mention of this in their catalogs but I have yet to see it printed anywhere.

Scott

+1 but I edited it to be the correct product code.  And yes they do offer it for a price hovering around MSRP $1085.00 which is a helluvadeal.  And above the pic it says A4 but I thought A4 denoted that the front sight was removable?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Product code for a complete rifle as shown above is BCWA2S 20X.  The bold A2 denotes gov't profile and the bold X denotes 1/7 twist.  If I understand correctly, if you want to order the rifles/carbines with 1/7 there's got to be an X somewhere in the product code and it's usually at the end.

Scott

+1 but I edited it to be the correct product code.  And yes they do offer it for a price hovering around MSRP $1085.00 which is a helluvadeal.  And above the pic it says A4 but I thought A4 denoted that the front sight was removable?

A4 denotes that the rear sight is removable; not the front.

By the way beautiful weapon!!! Give us an update with the range report!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#25]
ironsight-boy:  BCWA3S20A2X is the correct code, the first A3 denotes the flat-top receiver, the A2 after the 20 denotes the gov't profile and the X denotes the twist rate.

If you look, a standard HBAR 1/9 20" code is BCWA2S20 or BCWA3S20 depending on a standard A2 upper or A3(A4) upper.

I don't mean to argue with you but I'm the one that provided the number to my dealer which was received by me from GI_Brat so my initial code is the correct one.

I'm also fairly certain that an A4 is the military designation for a flat-top 20" rifle.  They use M16A2s and M16A4s.  I've been wrong before but don't believe I am in this case.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh I see.  I was basing this off of some light (1 min) searching through the catalogue they shipped with an order of mine a few days ago.  And it was very very very light searching; such as noting that for fluting you add an F so naturally the X would go on the end too.  But I didn't notice that the civvy 20" AR's are half an inch longer(without FS) than the Govt. profile. (erm I based that off the photos in the catalogue but they are b/w and poor quality so I could be wrong again.)  I also e-mailed them asking if they offer it in a complete rifle as I am interested in buying 1 if they do.  If sum1 hasn't beat me to it i'll post their reply when i get it
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Just placed my order from Houts Enterprises for a Specter Gear Armed Forces Deployment package in black.

Tomorrow I'll call Calvin and get a light and related accessories from BrightFlashlights.

It's fun spending money,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:17:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Sweet rifle dude!
I love the 1:7 twist ! ! I didn't know Busy made em that way. . . .  ahh my next project is becoming clearer. .  . . . .
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:30:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, I got out before work tonight and ran 60 rounds of Wolf and 50 rounds of the 75 grain Hornady Practice ammo through it and it ran like a top.

The Wolf felt weak as usual but everything fed and ejected fine.  I zeroed at 25 yards quickly because I was running out of light.

I think I ended up 4 clicks right to get it centered and the elevation was perfect.

Just a quick and sloppy range report.  I'll try a to do a bit better when I've got a little more time.

So far, So Good......So What? right?

Thanks for looking anyway,
Scott
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top