Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:33:43 AM EDT
I had a Versapod bipod laying around so I decided to mount it to my 16" M4's handguards to mess around with at the range.

I came across this on their website.

It attaches to the bayonet lug instead of the handguards.  Will this make any difference in accuracy at all?

Here is a pic of the one on the gun now.
Big picture
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, it won't make the rifle less accurate but it may change your current point of impact (POI - where the bullet hits) away from your current point of aim (POA - where the sights are pointing).

Almost anytime you attach something directly to the barrel it changes the way the barrel vibrates after a shot and affects where the downrange impact is. Those little barrel mounted flashlight rigs can change POI, so I wouldn't be surprised if this did.

However that is just a guess based on my past experience with similar accessories like bipods that clamp around the barrel or flashlight mounts. I haven't used that particular piece of gear so I couldn't say for sure.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Comprende amigo :)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Bipods should be mounted on freefloat tubes for  best effect.  A simple round one is like 50 bucks to 499.99 for the uber tac  ones.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bipods should be mounted on freefloat tubes for  best effect.  A simple round one is like 50 bucks to 499.99 for the uber tac  ones.

I like the plain jane look of the standard handguards, which is why I'm not going to free-float my M4.  The bipod isn't staying on.  It's easy as hell to take on and off, and will probably be off most of the time if the range I'm going to check out tomorrow has rests or a way for me to bag it/rest on a towel.  So other than the aimpoint on top of the carry handle, it's all plainly :)

The next AR will be free-floated without a doubt, unless I go the SP1 route
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top