Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 3:05:36 AM EDT
I think your AR rifles have been filed, but your pictures show some obvious replacement of receiver and barrel.
You need to modify the firearms record? Need to spend a lot of money?
A full-auto AR rifles market sales? Everyone can buy?
I have seen many videos of the AR rifles to fully automatic fire.
Semi-auto to full-auto is legal?
Different manufacturers parts assembly into a AR rifles, legitimate?
Such rifle, how you record?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I think your AR rifles have been filed, but your pictures show some obvious replacement of receiver and barrel.

No to modifying records,yes to spending many monies.Premium parts very expensive likely long wait times.

No.pain in the arse,many,many,many monies and lots of paperwork and red tape with background checks.

Much of what you see is referred to as Bump Firing(using the recoil to cycle the trigger),simulated auto
fire fools the police all the time then you get to get searched,go through S/N checks and weapon FCG inspections.

How is the weather!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

With a camera silly.  

Just google it.......oh, wait....
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Most states allow their citizens to buy full-auto AR-15s.  However full-auto AR-15s are VERY expensive so if you want one, you better be have plenty of money.

Not for the average citizen.  For use the full-auto firearm had to be manufactured prior to 1986.  If you get a dealers license it is possible to get post-1986 full-auto/select fire guns.

Yes

Registration is for communists and slaves.  We are neither.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Huh?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Please list you think the best parts, assembly of a AR rifles.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Where are you and can you have an AR where you are?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Because without that I hope to receive.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Best manufacturer?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Best manufacturer?

The best manufacturers and the best parts, for example : barrel, bolt, receiver, etc.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:25:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does this mean?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#12]
You're going to start a huge argument asking which brand is the best.

It's the only AR I have owned, but I love my Stag M4gery.  Great company, and great pricing.  Very good quality stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does this mean?

People always hope that things are not.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It's the only AR I have owned, but I love my Stag M4gery.  Great company, and great pricing.  Very good quality stuff.

I think there are some parts good or bad is recognized.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think there are some parts good or bad is recognized.

bad: hesse/vulcan
rest are pretty ok-good
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#16]
There are two separate levels of Government in America.

Our states are almost like separate nations. Our Federal Government (In Washington DC) is responsible for the military, immigration laws, printing money, and handling disputes between the states.

And our 50 states pass and enforce laws against murder, arson, robbery, and other similar crimes. The states are supposed to handle education, run prisons, build roads, etc. The states and the Federal government are separate. Governors and representatives are elected by people in that state, not appointed by the Federal government.

But our Federal Government often takes power from the states and does things themselves.

Laws about firearms vary from state to state. I live in Alabama and in my state it’s legal to own and shoot a semi-automatic rifle, including an AK-47 or AR-15. Of course we can’t just walk around in public with a rifle because it would scare many people.

In my state a person who has never been a criminal can easily get a permit to carry a pistol concealed too. Our police think that if the people are armed then criminals will be afraid to attack anyone. The pistol has to stay hidden so that no one gets scared though…

But in other states there are laws against owning rifles and handguns. In some states it is very difficult or impossible to legally own or shoot many kinds of guns, probably harder than it is in parts of China.

Our Federal Government passed a law in the 1930s that all full automatic weapons had to be registered and that only people who passed full criminal background checks could ever be allowed to own them.

Then in 1986 the Federal Government passed another law that banned anyone from making a new machine gun or full automatic gun. The ones that were already made were still legal. Federal law says that the receiver with the serial number is the actual weapon though. So it’s ok to replace parts that wear out. But you can not convert a semi auto to a full auto without breaking the law, and going to jail for a long time.

There was another gun control law that banned the new manufacture of large magazines and some semi automatic rifles. But part of that law was that the law would go away in 10 years unless Congress renewed it. Congress didn’t have the votes to renew it so that law has gone away now.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#17]
If I want to buy an AR rifles, you will recommend that manufacturers products?
How much per year to be spent in your rifle?
" 1 in 7 inches " Mean?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
" 1 in 7 inches " Mean?

You will get many different opinions on which manufacturers are the best, but 2 stand out as the most popular: Colt and Bushmaster. If I recall, Bushmaster had the highest numbers of rifle produced, with Colt in second place. There used to be a post here that showed how many rifles each company had produced, but I am unable to find it anymore.

1 in 7 inches refers to the barrel twist, ie. 1 complete 360 degree revolution of the bullet every 7 inches of barrel. 1 in 9 would mean 1 revolution in 9 inches of barrel. 1 in 9 is the most common civilian barrel twist, and 1 in 7 is most common in military manufacture. But different manufacturers sell different twists.

The older M16A1 had an 1 in 14 twist initially, but it was replaced with a 1 in 12 inch barrel twist after arctic testing.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:51:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
" 1 in 7 inches " Mean?

You will get many different opinions on which manufacturers are the best, but 2 stand out as the most popular: Colt and Bushmaster. If I recall, Bushmaster had the highest numbers of rifle produced, with Colt in second place. There used to be a post here that showed how many rifles each company had produced, but I am unable to find it anymore.

1 in 7 inches refers to the barrel twist, ie. 1 complete 360 degree revolution of the bullet every 7 inches of barrel. 1 in 9 would mean 1 revolution in 9 inches of barrel. 1 in 9 is the most common civilian barrel twist, and 1 in 7 is most common in military manufacture. But different manufacturers sell different twists.

The older M16A1 had an 1 in 14 twist initially, but it was replaced with a 1 in 12 inch barrel twist after arctic testing.

We use the metric of a barrel twist, the general military rifles twist is 240 mm.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:04:00 AM EDT
[#20]
tiengulden- are you still in China? If so, what part? I long for my return to Lan kwai fong district of Hong Kong. .............

I thought the thought-police frowned on liberating websites like ours. Either way, you are welcome here, and are sure to find out all you want to know about peoples AR15s and what they think is best and why.

spend many hours reading and looking and researching the forums here. you shall find what you seek.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:07:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
tiengulden- are you still in China? If so, what part? I long for my return to Lan kwai fong district of Hong Kong. .............
I am in Beijing.
I have not been "Lan Kwai Fong", I have heard that there are many bars.

I thought the thought-police frowned on liberating websites like ours. Either way, you are welcome here, and are sure to find out all you want to know about peoples AR15s and what they think is best and why.
This place for our "Internet police" not attractive enough.
spend many hours reading and looking and researching the forums here. you shall find what you seek.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top