Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:02:44 PM EDT
Here's my latest, finally finished a couple retro builds, well almost finished, cant bring myself to chop off an 11.5 barrel to 10 inches for the 607 clone, but I've got a 16 inch barrel for that when ever I get to it.

Both refinished in Norrells Colt Grey

Top is a 607 clone with an early PWA A1 lower and either Colt parts or parts from Tom at Total Silence inc. (stock, Handguards and moderator)

Bottom is a 177 clone with an A2 PWA lower, Built with Various parts most of which are Colt and again Total Silence

Post them pics
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome work !!! ,   they look like the real deal  !   How big of a flash do you get with a shorty like yours ?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Are the moderator true NFA moderator or clones?  I'd love to have either one of those.  Nice work!

TS
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:56:34 AM EDT
[#4]
2 great looking rifles. Man you do great work
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
great looking pair.  you make me want to get to work.  id need to work to sbr 2 guns.  got a question though.  why the Air Force shirt and no GAU's?  just bustin balls
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:25:52 AM EDT
[#6]
WOW

Great job there!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:27:32 AM EDT
[#7]
These are beautiful, YD1!

The Norells turned out awesome

hard to pick a favorite.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:02:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Which parts were refinished? Just the receivers, or more?

They look excellent and only serve to push me further into my retro nightmare...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:08:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quit showing me this stuff. I'm already broke!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:33:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are the moderator true NFA moderator or clones?  I'd love to have either one of those.  Nice work!

TS

they offer both.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:34:34 AM EDT
[#11]
two fine looking builds YardDogOne
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Where do you get upper like those. every one on Equipment exchange is sold when I get to it.

Very nice work there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:10:49 AM EDT
[#13]
awsome carbines!

Quoted:
Where do you get upper like those. every one on Equipment exchange is sold when I get to it.

Very nice work there.

maybe here: home.comcast.net/~luthier4/
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:12:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Very nice work there.

Post an add in the Want To Buy section, they'll come to you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:19:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice work!!!

This thread makes me sad because my 607D project is on hold....as I can't get a stock for a long time.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#16]
How sturdy are the tria. hg's from Total Silence?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Very nice work there.

to have an upper like that it is usually custom built. total silence would be a start for the upper. what you find in the ee or from manufactures are 11.5+5.5 which is not a close copy of the original.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Awesome work !!! ,   they look like the real deal  !   How big of a flash do you get with a shorty like yours ?

dont know, havn't shot it

Quoted:

TS

Non-NFA

Quoted:
got a question though.  why the Air Force shirt and no GAU's?  just bustin balls

In the works, When I cut down the 16" barrel to 10" I'll have the left over 11.5 barrel I need for the GAU

Quoted:
Which parts were refinished? Just the receivers, or more?

They look excellent and only serve to push me further into my retro nightmare...

Refinished the Uppers, Lowers, Port doors and barrels.
The PWA's were black, left the small parts unfinished, gotta have alittle contrast as they were not completly the same color anyway

Welcome to MY nightmare

Quoted:

I stalk the equipment exchange, gotta check often in order to beat someone else to it, they dont last long, dont waste time asking questions, buy it before someone else buys it out from under you, you snooze you lose

Quoted:
Nice work!!!

This thread makes me sad because my 607D project is on hold....as I can't get a stock for a long time.

Yea, I lucked into mine, Middle of the day one saturday or sunday, working on remodeling the house I stopped to check the EE.
another case of EE stalking, 2 or 3 minutes after Tom posted one for sale I jumped on it, no questions asked and money was sent instantly, Right place at the right time.
They are VERY hard to come by, Tom says He'll try to get some more out when he gets his new shop up and running

Quoted:
How sturdy are the tria. hg's from Total Silence?

Very, just like the SP1 HG's

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Bump.  Those need to be in the pic thread.

TS
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Great Job YardDog, Very Nice!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top