Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:57:21 AM EDT
I recently purchased one and was wondering what the best and cheapest ways to accurize it are.  I've heard some good things about hydraulic buffers but is it really worth shelling out 90 bucks?  Also the big deal some people make about itianium coated bolt carrier + bolt.  And if a 1-peice gas ring would help anything.  Oh and does anybody kow any way to tighten the fit of the telescoping stock assembly on the buffer tube?  There's some play in it and it's driving me crazy.  My goal for this rifle is to turn it into a serious bunny/coyote plinker.  I bought it on an Army Ranger's advise to get this for my plan instead of the varminter.  He also said that the accuracy difference between the 16" and the 20" isnt enough to worry about the decreased mobility.  Is any of this true?

EDIT: oh and currently I have the stock internals with an MI 2-peice 4-rail system and ontop i've got an ATN 2-6x40 mounted on 1 triple-wide ring behind the adjustment knobs lined with masking tape inside to grip the scope better.  Im planning on modding the other ring to fit in front of the turrets.

EDIT #2:  Also is it natural to have a completely overwhelming urge to hoarde as much 5.56 and .223 ammo as possible?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
practice is probably going to be you #1 improvement with the rifle

save all the other stuff
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
practice is probably going to be you #1 improvement with the rifle

save all the other stuff

+1 none of that other stuff listed would help accuracy anyway.

How far do you plan on shooting?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Well with a 6x scope it limits range to 300yds max on rabbits.  Maybe 350-400 with a really good bullet on coyotes.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top