Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 5:43:35 PM EDT
Can you have a Chrome Moly barrel , chrome lined?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Can you have a Chrome Moly barrel , chrome lined?

Not only is it possible, it is necessary.  If anyone makes a chrome lined AR-15 barrel that is not based on a chrome-moly tube, I have never heard of it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
chrome lined barrels are chrome moly but there are also Chrome moly with no chrome lining.  Yes you can have a CM barrel lined
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, All barrels that come chrome lined are made from chome-moly steel.

I have net heard of anyone being able to chrome-line and allready finished customer barrel.

Tex78
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you talking about taking a finished, complete chrome moly barrel and having it chrome-lined?  I'm sure it may be possible, but it would probably be really expensive...better to just buy a chrome-lined barrel and rebarrel it.

I believe that chrome-lined barrels are originally rifled very slightly oversized, to allow for the proper bore diameter after the chrome lining is applied.  I could be wrong though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top