Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:11:40 PM EDT
I purchased a lower from Bushmaster & assembeled it into a rifle before th 94 ban went into effect.  There was a problem with the lower and the following October Bushmaster replaced the lower(I have the paperwork showing it was replaced by the factory).  When I checked the setial numbers with Bushmaster they stated via email the original lower was shipped from the factory on 9-11-94 and the replacement was shipped on 9-13-94 both as lowers.  Since I received the replacement in October 94 I'm not sure this is a pre-ban lower(not sure how the replacement was shipped on 9-13-94; my replacement request didn't happen until October).  Bushmaster stated to me all they know is what's in the log books.  Any thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, since there is no federal AW ban anymore, it's all a moot point now.

If Bushmaster's info says it was shipped before the cut-off date, that's all that matters to most. If you want to get really technical, the rifle had to be assembled (or all parts secured together) before 9/14/94 to be considered pre-ban.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top