BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:44:33 AM EDT
Hello one and all,

Need a new AR upper.  

Here's what I'm looking for:  A-2 style (tappered under the handguards) 20 inch barrel.  Pre-ban.  1X9 twist.  Must have "chromed" chamber and bore.   Need bolt carrier,  bolt , charging handle also.

No stainless, H-Bar, and the like.    Just a plain old mil-spec A-2 upper.

So . . . who has the best deal on what I'm looking for ? ? ?

Thanks  ! !

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#1]
www.google.com
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out Model 1 Sales.  I bought a kit rifle since I've been away and it's waiting for me to build when I get back home.  Friends that I compete with have had zero problems with their uppers with no tweaking.  Do I think they're perfect?  Probably not, but I'll know more when I get home.  Again, with their gear on others' rifles, there's been no hiccups and they're CHEAP (like $335 for what you're looking for).

Too, there is always DPMS that will ALWAYS take care of you and run like a champ!  They're a little more pricey in the $400-500 range (factory direct...you can usually find them cheaper from dealers), but you'll definitely be squared away.

Take care,

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on Model 1 Sales. Alot of folks will tell you they are junk but most of those people have never had one. Mine is great and the customer service was great too. I would not get one of their lower parts kits tho.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I met these ladies at the funshow saturday and bought a new upper from them. Very reasonable!

www.jsesurplus.com
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
1/9 is not milspec...

ETA:  Bushmaster has govy profile 20"ers, bravo company has this as well but not in a2 format, it's a flattop...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
CMMG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top