Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:11:11 AM EDT
I hate to post this with out pictures...but,

I got a call today asking about which company cuts there bolt carriers with a V knotch in the end of them.

Looking through my books of knowledge, I could not find a logical answer of why someone might do this. The way it was explained to me was that on the back side of the bolt carrier was cut a pecfect 90deg knotch with the tip of the knotch in the center.

If anybody might have any insight on this on why it was done or if there are any pictures of this please let me know.

Pat
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, never heard of them but TAG for future learning potential.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
any help
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you talking about the notch on the backside of the bolt carrier?  If so, it is there because the buffer detent pin would bind/break without the cut.

IS that what you are talking about?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top