Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2006 1:07:47 PM EDT
Is this buffer to ling for the rifle? Miss fires from 1st round. Doest eject the cart and doesnt feed. Looks like it doesnt go all the way back as well. hope the pics help

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I can only say it is a lot longer buffer than the one in my carbine.

Someone with more knowledge than I might know.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can only say it is a lot longer buffer than the one in my carbine.

Someone with more knowledge than I might know.

A rifle buffer is suppose to be longer than a carbine...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Maxwell71, Thats the correct buffer...

Is that an A1 stock? Its possible that it has the wrong size screw used to attach the stock body to the buffer tube... The A2 uses a longer screw and if that's an A1 stock with an A2 screw, you will have that trouble...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with the above post about the screw. Lock back your bolt and look in the ejection port.
The lugs on the bolt should be barely visable in the very aft portion of the port.
If you can see more than the very end of the bolt/bolt carrier then you need the shorter A1 screw.
if you load a mag with one round,fire it and the bolt doesn't lock back that's your problem.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, will check it out, its a friends rifle and he couldn't fire it today (beautiful day BTW) Thanks again, will test it out
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#6]
EXACTLY the type of question and response that this board is all about.....  BRAVO
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top