Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2006 4:15:53 PM EDT
If I were shooting at 25, 50 and 100 yrds, what size target would I need to equel 300 yrds at each distance. I have only been able to shoot from 100 yrds and would like to try further. If anyone knows this as well as longer distances please let me know. TIA
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm confused about what you are asking.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't really simulate distance by shooting smaller targets.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a good place to start.

www.pistoleer.com/targets/highpower/
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Simulate what?  Windage?  No shit Sherlock.

The NRA has been making reduced distance highpower targets for clubs that don't have a range that goes all the way to 600 yards.

When you can clean (shoot a perfect score) on the MR-31 (600 yard target reduced to 100 yards) from prone, with irons and only a sling and shooting jacket for support, feel free to school the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here's a good place to start.

www.pistoleer.com/targets/highpower/

Thanks for the link...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The NRA has been making reduced distance highpower targets for clubs that don't have a range that goes all the way to 600 yards.

When you can clean (shoot a perfect score) on the MR-31 (600 yard target reduced to 100 yards) from prone, with irons and only a sling and shooting jacket for support, feel free to school the rest of us.

I knew there were targets for this...just didn't know where to get them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#7]
There is no reduced NRA target fo 25 or 50 yards.  At a 100 yard range, SR1 = 200 yard slow fire, SR21 + 300 yard rapid fire, MR31 = 600 yard slow fire.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bravo, SWO...  took the words right out of my mouth.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top