Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:53:12 AM EDT
I have built one AR it was a Rock River Arms Lower and a sabre Defense upper.
Love the thing but its time to build gun #2 and I am just wondering if a Bushmaster is any better
then a RRA or other brands. I see some people say it does not matter that much. So I am sure this has been answered before and as time and testing goes on peoples opinions sometimes change.
so if you were going to build what would you use. Lower ? Upper ? what brand
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster is nice other than the purple color. I would go with a LMT or a Colt . Some nice stuff from RRA. And I was very impresed with my Double Star lower. Very nice match to my Colt upper.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
For the battle rifles I build,

I like Bushmaster lowers because of the nice fit/finish plus its has the low shelf that's compatible with a DIAS or Accu Wedge Buffer...

For barrels, I prefer 4150 steel that is chrome lined and 1:7 twist ratio (Bushmaster or Colt, doesn't really matter which of the two)...

For the upper receiver I like to use CMT for those, either with or with out feed ramps depending on the application its being used for... CMT has a nice fit and finish... Their receiver with the feedramps match up really nice to COLT's extended feedramp barrel extensions too...

As for the bolt, I will only use MP tested bolts, preferably COLT's, CMT is good too...

That's the #1 parts for my builds and a few of the reasons why I like to use them...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Colt, Colt, and more Colt.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bushmaster is nice other than the purple color.

I haven't seen a purple Bushmaster yet
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#5]
GTS lower
and custom RRA upper from ADCO
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top