Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:30:25 PM EDT
I got a quote of $570 for an Elite middy upper with carry handle shipped off an ARF prices "too low to list" add.  Meanwhile it says $550 on their webpage.  Is that too low to list?  I was wondering what prices others were being quoted.

Cheers

Edited for clarity
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you saying you got a quote for a complete AR, while you saw a list price for just the upper?  Those prices are very low if you're talking complete rifles, but average if you're talking about just the upper.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:12:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the website may not be updated for the 2006 RRA prices.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are you saying you got a quote for a complete AR, while you saw a list price for just the upper?  Those prices are very low if you're talking complete rifles, but average if you're talking about just the upper.

first thing I thought as well

$570 for a complete upper?

Or a complete mid-length AR?

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:43:38 AM EDT
[#4]
buh?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:57:11 AM EDT
[#5]
im guessing thats the complete upper price reflecting rra's price increase
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:01:29 AM EDT
[#6]
uh....yeah.  $570 for a complete RRA? uh....no.  

Call and ask.  These guys are dealers, they know firearms inside and out.  Don't hang em out to dry on this website because they haven't updated their webpage.  It's good practice to call a dealer first anyway.  It develops a good dealer/customer partnership and you can confirm pricing and whether or not the item is in stock.

Websites are great sources of info, but the quality there in is always subject to error unless you employ a full time IT geek to maintain competative industry pricing.

I'm sure if you go back to that ad re: 'too low to list' pricing....the vendor is asking you to call him.  So call him, and explain your distress there instead of running around AR15.com looking for a lynch mob.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
uh....yeah.  $570 for a complete RRA? uh....no.  

Call and ask.  These guys are dealers, they know firearms inside and out.  Don't hang em out to dry on this website because they haven't updated their webpage.  It's good practice to call a dealer first anyway.  It develops a good dealer/customer partnership and you can confirm pricing and whether or not the item is in stock.

Websites are great sources of info, but the quality there in is always subject to error unless you employ a full time IT geek to maintain competative industry pricing.

I'm sure if you go back to that ad re: 'too low to list' pricing....the vendor is asking you to call him.  So call him, and explain your distress there instead of running around AR15.com looking for a lynch mob.  

Cheers

I gave the dealer the quote of his website when I asked my question about price.  I am not "running around AR15.com looking for a lynch mob," so don't put your motivations on me, fair enough?  My interest lies in the fact that no customer knows what others are being charged, so how do you know you are getting the kind of deal that the dealer says you are?  Why not be upfront?  

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The web site has certainly been updated.  Please refresh your browser, as the price on-line for an Elite upper half (with tac mount...the  A2 carry handle is a bit less) is $595.
If it's just an upper half, you're getting a decent deal. If it's a complete rifle, IT IS NOTa new, factory-built product.  Period.  No dealer can argue it.  It can't even be a factory-built Mid A4 with CH and other features added.
Steve/RRA

You guys have a great website,  I didn't mean yours hasnt been updated. Thanks for the outstanding product. I love my MID A4 and entry tac.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The web site has certainly been updated.  Please refresh your browser, as the price on-line for an Elite upper half (with tac mount...the  A2 carry handle is a bit less) is $595.
If it's just an upper half, you're getting a decent deal. If it's a complete rifle, IT IS NOTa new, factory-built product.  Period.  No dealer can argue it.  It can't even be a factory-built Mid A4 with CH and other features added.
Steve/RRA

Does it have M4 feedramps?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Steve/RRA

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Steve/RRA

Does it shoot reliably?

Then who cares
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Steve/RRA

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Steve/RRA

Does it shoot reliably?

Then who cares

Noone knows since he hasn't bought it yet.

BTW- it was a joke.  Don't take us off on a tangent now please.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]
"too low to list" = I want to waste your time

If I see the words "too low to list", I imediately stop looking at the seller's ad.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If I see the words "too low to list", I imediately stop looking at the seller's ad.

Same here, advertise with prices or dont waste my time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here, advertise with prices or dont waste my time.

RRA has said that they are going to MAP pricing soon. This may be a product of the new policy. I hate it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#18]
When I see "RRA prices to low to list" I know it's Whatshisface from NH, keep going and never look back...

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Pete in NH is a great guy to deal with.  I'm on my third RRA and have never had any problems and have always gotten the best deals around.  I did a ton of homework before purchasing my first and could not find a better deal.  I found out he was in NH only after I decided to go through him.

Also, the price on their web-page does not include a chrome-lined barrel, which I am sure Pete's price does.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Displayed prices get my attention not "email/call for best pricing deals on the web" schpeel
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
When I see "RRA prices to low to list" I know it's Whathisface from NH, keep going and never look back...

Gonna have to agree with you on that one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#22]
If it doesn't have a price I keep looking - I don't want to feel like I walked into a car dealership and the salesperson is checking out my current ride and the way I am dressed to determine how much they can take me for.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
When I see "RRA prices to low to list" I know it's Whathisface from NH, keep going and never look back...

Yep, the asshat of the EE!  Claims others are selling fake RRA parts, don't know AR's, etc..etc..
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't like the "to low to list" bs but they do it because they have to not because they want to
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#26]
My experience with whatshisface was exactly that- I had to CALL him to find out what the hell was going on with my lower.  Posting in the thread according to his directions and Emailing him several times didn't cut it I guess.  He even replied to my emails over and over and everything seemed to be straightened out.

Well, I finally called and got some shit like "How am I supposed to keep track of all of the orders?  I said you had to include a name and address with your FFL.  Yours is sitting right here in the corner.  I had no idea what to do with it..."  yada yada yada...

I sent him two additinal pages with my FFL.  The first page was to explain to him what I ordered, where I ordered it from, my AR15 screen name, the page I posted on, the thread I posted in and an explanation and set of instructions for the 3rd page.  The third page was a letter to include with the lower that had my name and phone number.  My FFL likes to have one included with every firearm he receives.  He doesn't want to have to go "Oh, Joe was talking about getting a new lower..."

Pete still couldn't figure it out after I called him.  He sent it out but not with any of the pages he had rubberbanded to the lower while it was sitting in the corner.

I won't buy anything from that f*cker nor will I steer anyone towards him.  

ETA:  He basically left ME feeling stupid.  Never again.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Seems like there are some similiarties between RRA dealers and RRA itself as far as swindling type marketing and advertising pratices.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I highly doubt RRA's MAP pricing is only $25 lower than MSRP.

I keep hearing the words "DEA Upper" come to mind, but my memory isn't as good as it used to be.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Ask 'what's his name' if you can get an unmarked, as in no "US Property" BS, lower and the fucker gets down right rude.  Fuck him, he's a used car salesman.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Concerning that particular dealer:

What I didn't like was ordering an upper from him (for admittedly good price) and he didn't have anything in stock.  You had to pay him for it and he had the use of your money for 8 weeks or
more until he could get RRA to direct ship the upper to you.
It just didn't seem to be worth it to me. If somethings on backorder I don't want my credit card charged until the product ships.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Ask 'what's his name' if you can get an unmarked, as in no "US Property" BS, lower and the fucker gets down right rude.  Fuck him, he's a used car salesman.

and dont forget that everyone else is a "kitchen table dealer" compared to him.....lol..   That one always cracked me up.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#33]
FWIW, I had a great experience with Pete, despite his strange (and sometimes just halarious) advertising practices.  I paid for a RRA upper and about three days later it was snapped onto my lower and ready to go.  It couldn't have gone better.  Obviously that's just anecdotal evidence.  Even though, if the price is right and he has what I need in stock, I'd buy from him again.  I certainly wouldn't want to hand over my cash and wait for the product to come directly from RRA, though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:38:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The price Of $569 shipped on a RRA Tac Entry Or Elite car A4  RRA Factory UPPER with Chrome lined barrel and Dominator Mount or RRA Tac Handle is a good price. the web site says $550 and the $19 is for shipping and insurance. One other  RRA Dealer on Board is selling same upper for $599 shipped

Yes there are times I have to wait a bit for the web master to update the site. But that is normal
with everyone.

I do the best I can passing on great deals to Board members.

Yes RRA can sometimes take a few extra weeks on some order items. This is normal
as other brands Like Bushmaster and LMT  has same type of waits during busy times.

No one on this board sells more RRA than I do end of story.and
pretty much the  same with LMT and  of coarse some other dealers do not like that

My 6 years of feedback on board speaks for itself.

Of Coarse they are a few Buyers  Like one who posted here
who send orders in without all proper info
needed to complete order. Some use screen name handle instead of
real name others forget to say who dealer will be. other forget to include
a contact #.   All dealers on this board see this happen now and then . Not just me
I do the best I can so keep it all straight like anyone would.

If you want a Great deal on RRA or LMT let me know I will treat you right

Do not worry I get plenty of calls and Orders so if a few do not want to call
that is their right and I am happy to have the Biz I do get..

Pete
Legal Transfers

Wow, first time I have ever seen you post in a tech forum.  Do you have anything to contribute?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Seems like there are some similiarties between RRA dealers and RRA itself as far as swindling type marketing and advertising pratices.

Ain't that the truth...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The price Of $569 shipped on a RRA Tac Entry Or Elite car A4  RRA Factory UPPER with Chrome lined barrel and Dominator Mount or RRA Tac Handle is a good price. the web site says $550 and the $19 is for shipping and insurance. One other  RRA Dealer on Board is selling same upper for $599 shipped

Pete
Legal Transfers

Thanks for responding here Pete.  I'm glad you are willing to openly state your price.  The secret pricing just gets people (me in this case) curious about who was getting quoted what.  Funny that the only person to mention the price they were charged never actually mentioned the price.

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#38]
In defense of Pete...
I called him to order a mid-length RRA and was given a price that was lower than any of the used, complete uppers in the EE.
I know that I may wait several weeks, but Pete told me that up front.  I'm willing to wait, in return for a good deal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#39]
In defence of Pete, I ordered my mid-length chromed lined upper from him and it showed up exactly to the day when he said it was.  His prices are very competative and I was generally pleased with the experience.  

There is no question in my mind that he could do a better job communicating with the customer, but in my experience Pete is 100% honorable in his dealings.  If you want better communication spend a few more dollars and order from Steve at ADCO.

Mark
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Of Coarse they course there are a few Buyers Like the one who posted here
who send orders in without all proper info
needed to complete order. Some use screen name handle instead of
real name others forget to say who dealer will be. other forget to include
a contact #. All dealers on this board see this happen now and then . Not just me
I do the best I can so keep it all straight like anyone would.

I certainly remember my transaction with Pete.  I know not only my screenname, but also my real name and my dealer's name.  I also know EXACTLY what I sent with my order.  

Pete- you CANNOT say you remember every order and to pretend you remember mine is ridiculous.  If you do, what was I doing when I was talking on the phone with you?  I was on my way somewhere and I had a question I knew you could answer.  Do you still remember me that well?

I'm giving my personal experience here.  I haven't had this same problem or any nearly like it with any other dealers.  If there ever was a mistake or misunderstanding, THEY were the one who called or IMd or emailed me to clear it up.  

I NEVER had to email them twice or post on their specific EE ad more than once!  

If you want to think I am the one case where this has happened in your 6 years here, fine.  You sure as heck didn't give me any reason to tell anyone you were a charm to deal with and did what you could to make right the "misunderstanding" whereas I will say most other dealers accept blame without question and do what they have to.  

Denny's response to my first statement about this is why I continue to order from him and my next lower will be from him- an LMT Defender.  

No more RRAs with or without SHIT feedramps and poor customer service from them and their dealers.  

ETA: after adding an apostrophe, it becomes clear that Pete responded to what I said to further illustrate how stupid I must be.  

Dishonesty to save face =
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I don't like the "to low to list" bs but they do it because they have to not because they want to

+1 this man understnds

apprently alot of people do not understand Minimum Advertised Price

I deal with this all the time many high end products have MAPs that are not in grounded in internet  reality
If you put up a MAP noone looks twice as there are 200 smaller  websites  and 1000 guys on ebay that slip under the companies radar  and sell way under MAP  , most of the time i can meet or beat those prices  , but you cannot advertise them or you lose your dealership

I hate it but what can ya do? , just sell for reasonable and give good service and hope for word of mouth and repeat bussiness

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 this man understnds

apprently alot of people do not understand Minimum Advertised Price

I deal with this all the time many high end products have MAPs that are not in grounded in internet  reality
If you put up a MAP noone looks twice as there are 200 smaller  websites  and 1000 guys on ebay that slip under the companies radar  and sell way under MAP  , most of the time i can meet or beat those prices  , but you cannot advertise them or you lose your dealership

I hate it but what can ya do? , just sell for reasonable and give good service and hope for word of mouth and repeat bussiness

WTF are you talking about?  Maybe some of us know exactly what it is and still hate it, maybe, just maybe, we hate MAPs as a rule and dont buy any products from companys who use them.  A company or vendor has the right to use MAPs.  But I have every right not to use that vendor or company.  I could give a shit why the company or vendor uses them or not, or why they dont post any prices in their adds.  Its annoying, its a waste of my time, therefore I dont buy from them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:18:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

WTF are you talking about?  Maybe some of us know exactly what it is and still hate it, maybe, just maybe, we hate MAPs as a rule and dont buy any products from companys who use them.  A company or vendor has the right to use MAPs.  But I have every right not to use that vendor or company.  I could give a shit why the company or vendor uses them or not, or why they dont post any prices in their adds.  Its annoying, its a waste of my time, therefore I dont buy from them.

I agree with you completely and fucking hate MAPs unforately very few comapnies anymore do not have MAPs and the only palces you will find that do not abide by them are small fly by night companies that can get below the radar or some dude on ebay so of them are great but many are not

I have elimated alot of companies products  when they come to us a MAP bitch but it is getting tougher and tougher as many bread and butter comapies are pulling the shit too

The big tradtional stores are whining to the comapnies to do something as they are losing sales and have to price match the internet

They have not seemed to learn that the day of the 50% profit is long long gone and 7-10% is the internet norm

the free market is a great thing and i hope things will equalize eventally , but i figure .gov will jump in and fuck things up some more with online sales taxes or something  and we all get fucked

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Pete,

Would the midlength upper you advertise be a Rock River Elite factory assembled T- marked upper complete with side sling swivel, chrome lined barrel and minus the carry handle?

That it would be.

Pete

That it was not. No side sling swivel. Too low to list price is 10.00 cheaper then everyone else.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top