Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 7:16:33 PM EDT
Anyone know what kind of stock the guy on the left has?  Not that I really like it, I just haven't seen one before?  Uses for this funky stock?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Duo Stock is what  I think its called.

Yep, Duostock
www.duostock.com/indexx.html
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That's got to be te most butt-ugly AR stock I've ever seen.

Wouldn't get caught dead with one on my AR. But that's just me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Wouldn't get caught dead with one on my AR. But that's just me

Me too!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Wouldn't get caught dead with one on my AR. But that's just me

Me too!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Me three !!!

The damned thing looks more like a shoe stretcher than a butt stock.  That's why I was wondering if any of you knew anything about this fugly thing and if there is a special purpose behind the design.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Because looks are the only thing that matters in the sand box?  Fucking morons I tells you
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Using a duostock is like having sex with a fat chick. It might be fun for a while, but don't let your friends catch you with her...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because looks are the only thing that matters in the sand box?  Fucking morons I tells you

I believe you need to take a step back from your computer keyboard there buddy
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#9]
A lot of you guys sure seem worried about how purty your rifle is.  I suggest you ask any soldier back from the sandbox whether or not purty makes a damn bit of difference.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#10]
i presonally like them, let's me hold high on my shoulder.  i know they are butt ugly, try one if you can.  peace out!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A lot of you guys sure seem worried about how purty your rifle is.  I suggest you ask any soldier back from the sandbox whether or not purty makes a damn bit of difference.

Exactly, they are more worried about the point of impact difference between a M4 and a 16" on their ACOG for shooting paper targets at 10 feet on a sunny day from a bench rest.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, sure is.  I went out to their website and this is what they say that weird design is for:

"It consists of an upper and lower surface for the absorption of recoil. The upper surface is the same as any other long weapon.  The lower surface is specially angled to ride on the upper chest with the use of body armor. The bottom of the stock is rounded and allows smooth targeting of the weapon."

It may be ugly, but if it's function helps one of our troops stay alive then I love the thing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't think it is a matter of wether or not its PRETTY. Its an ugly stock and there are too many options out there for me to use that one. I happen to really enjoy the Vltor and LMT SOPMOD stocks so to each his own. Everyone is entitled to an opinion so there it goes. I do beleive in function over form but that stock looks like a turd.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#15]

I don't think it is a matter of wether or not its PRETTY. Its an ugly stock and there are too many options out there for me to use that one.

You just totally contradicted yourself, but keep on backpedaling anyway.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#16]
If you've ever used your M4 for any type of CQB you'll immediately understand what the intended purpose of the duostock is.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Who gives a damn what it looks like, especially if it accomplishes its role??  The internet commando's never cease to amaze me...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Backpeddling huh? I think its an ugly stock. I choose to use something different because it works for me. If I liked that stock I would have one on an AR no matter what it looked like. I don't like that stock as it feels akward to me. I use LMT SOPMOD stocks and Vltor stocks. I think the SOPMOD stock looks a little too big but I still use one. Function over form but each individual should be happy with their choice in equipment.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#19]
you can really tell the shooters from the posers in threads like these

that thing is the shizzle for shooting with a gasmask. they were popular add-ons with some guys in the pre-iraq invasion build up. actually gave you a chance of hitting your target god forbid you had to fight in MOPP-4
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]
we got a guy using one in our dept....and lets just say he's been to the box and it passed the test ....or should i say exceeded the tests!!...well that's according to him...never used one but willing to try....i'm a guy of function over form....as most of you should be too but to each his own
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Aside from the stock, look how work-hardened those M-4's are.  The parkerization is worn off most of the high spots.  That's awesome!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I carried an M4 with the 2nd Gen Colt stock while I was in the sandbox and I still say that I can't see myself carrying a rifle with that mind of a stock; whetever it works or not, is simply somethign that won't work on me. I like to have the stock collapsed just enough so that the tip of my nose is touching the charging handle (the way I was taught in Basic Training) and so far, I have hit everything I aim; the stock looks like something that you could prop on your shoulder and perhaps shoot over a wall.

As for Blackmagic94 comments?

"Because looks are the only thing that matters in the sand box? Fucking morons I tells you"

I was in the sandbox, all 13 months of it, during ACTUAL groud ops as an MP, so I know a thing or two about what work and what doesn't; so spare me the comments, okay?

As for the duostock, if it works? Good; I'm sorry if I'm not jumping for joy or doing the "Oh goody-goody; more cool stuff for the AR; yipee!" thing on this; I like the M93B stock  on my personal AR just fine, and the Colt 3rd Gen stock on my USGI issue M4 just dandy as well.

I personally think the Duo-Stock sucks; if you agree with me? Good; if not? Then I'm sorry to hear that.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Aside from the stock, look how work-hardened those M-4's are.  The parkerization is worn off most of the high spots.  That's awesome!

Shows you that these soldiers have been walking the beat for a while and that they are taking care of business.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#24]
What's funny is I knew this thread was going to be about the Duostock by title alone.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What's funny is I knew this thread was going to be about the Duostock by title alone.

+1, I even remembered it's name as soon as I read the title..I think it's sort of cool looking and wish I had one nearly every time I use my EoTech...remember that lots of shooters think that AR-15's are ugly because they are aluminum and plastic instead of steel and walnut..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top