Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 12:38:39 PM EDT
Ok I went to the Maryland Site and adjusted the sight as per instructions by setting the sight at 3/8 loosening the 1/16 screw 3 full turns. Left wrench in screw.Turned wheel up 2 clicks tightened 1/16 screw back down tight. WHAAAALAAAAA!!!! Ok it now goes 2 clicks down from 3/8 mark.

Now where I'm a little confused. I sight the rifle in on the 2 clicks down from 3/8 mark using the small apperture sight at 50yds. adjusting only the front sight for elevation changes. Is this correct?

Ok I leave the sight set there after the 50yd. sight in. Now since 90% of all my shooting will be 100m or less do I use the large apperture or small apperture for these ranges or does it make any difference which one?

Next once sighted in at 50yds  at -2 clicks from 3/8 if I know its say 300m I click up 2 clicks to 3/8 and if I know its say 400m I then click on up to 4 is this correct?

By the way the rifle is a Bushmaster M4A2 Type Carbine 14.5bbl  I will be using Win 3131 Ammo.

Thanks
Ol Possum
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now where I'm a little confused. I sight the rifle in on the 2 clicks down from 3/8 mark using the small apperture sight at 50yds. adjusting only the front sight for elevation changes. Is this correct?

Yes

Ok I leave the sight set there after the 50yd. sight in. Now since 90% of all my shooting will be 100m or less do I use the large apperture or small apperture for these ranges or does it make any difference which one?

How precise do you want to be?  Either will work.  The large aperture will be faster - the small aperture will be more precises.

Next once sighted in at 50yds  at -2 clicks from 3/8 if I know its say 300m I click up 2 clicks to 3/8 and if I know its say 400m I then click on up to 4 is this correct?

Yes
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You Very Much!!!

As for precise only as much as needed to kill groundhogs from 25m-250m, but most in the 50-150 range.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As for precise only as much as needed to kill groundhogs from 25m-250m, but most in the 50-150 range.

Use the small aperture for that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top