Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:44:00 AM EDT
Hi, I just recently ordered a 20' Standard A4 Complete Upper Half from RRA equipped with an HBAR profile barrel. Without realising this I also bought a Knight's Armament M5 RAS quad-rail forend, which I understand is compatible only with Gov't profile barrels. Please prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It should fit. But it will be a nose heavy pig.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It should fit. But it will be a nose heavy pig.[/quote]

+ freakin' 1
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#3]
It's fits fine on my Colt 20" HBAR.  Should fit, lock up well and work good for your upper as well.  Yes, it will add some weight.  Doesn't bother me.  You will have to decide if the trade off is what works for you.  Switching out handguards is easy if you want to go back and forth between original configuration and RAS.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The M4 RAS did not fit on my colt le6721 tacticle carbine.  It has a heavy barrel, I ended going with a RIS that works fine.  Just an FYI, I have no idea if the M5 RAS will fit your application.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top