Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:35:14 AM EDT
I am not sure where this belongs, but I am looking for pics of the M-16 rifle mount brackets mounted in a vehicle or a pic of the instructions.  I picked up a pair at the gun show Sunday, and it seems like there is something missing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it a two piece rubber kit with a butstock holder and a cradle with a heavy rubber strap?

Sarge
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this rifle mount a military surplus mount or the type of mount found in a police vehicle? What type of vehicle you intend to mount the rifle to? a Sedan? Pickup Truck? SUV?

Also, pics of the mount you purchased might give us some ideas on the appropiate mounting location will benefit you.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
It is military surplus.  Supposedly CUCV and M151.   A square/rectangle buttstock bracket and a bracket with a spring loaded lever for the handguard area.
I will try and get pics.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep,GI issue. For M151(jeep) 998,1025(HMVVE).... Spring loaded part holds barrel not handguard. In the CUTVE(Blazer) they are mounted in the right rear seat area. 998,1025 front U(buttstock bracket) tight on right/left floornext to wall, spring clamp near heater vent. Rear passenger ones had a bracket mounted off the floor. Try to find a TM for a Hummer. The 151's we had, didn't have them. I had a M60 mount and a radio mount. Just test fit a AR in it and weld or screw it to the truckChalmers
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool...thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
THe rifle mounts on the HMMWV were originally designed to hold the M16A1/A2/A3 20 inch rifle; if you plan to use the mounr on a 16 inch CAR/Midlenght or an 18 inch SPR type rifle, you should custom mount the rack to a 1 inch wide piece of steel, weld or rivet the mounts in place and custom fit it to your vehicle; should be simple to do with some welding experience. add some military paint to it and you should be ready to go.

Hope you have fun.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top