BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 11:57:27 AM EDT

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/gregw45/poorspr.jpg

on a setup like this one provided^^^, my question is how do you get around the unmoveable front sight when you have a scope mounted like that? I can see that being in the way of the scope.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Because of the focal length of most scopes, you are not even going to see the front sight in most set-ups like that.  Even with a low-powered scope, like the ELCAN, I can barely see the front sight as a faint outline (and it's not enough to bother me), and with a higher-power scope, the front sight is compltely invisible to me.

For optics without magnification like an EOTech or an Aimpoint, I prefer a flip-up front sight, so it is out of the way and doesn't interfere, but for most scopes with magnification I don't see it as an issue.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#2]
+!

or get a flip sight

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no problem with my A2 front sight and a 20" barrel when looking through my scope.  I can not tell that it is there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for not seeing the fsb
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a compact ACOG (3x24) and the front sight was hardly noticeable even whe trying to looks at it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top