Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2006 10:18:38 PM EDT
How much CLP do you use on your B/CG? A friend and I are having a debate on how much to use! I say a little goes a long way, he says slather it on and pull the trigger as much as possible! What do ya'll think?

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
oiling

eta: why not try a normal thread heading then someone may take you serious
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
On the sliding contact points, around 2-3 drops each. With the bolt, 4-5 drops. The rest of the carrier doesn't strictly need oil, but should get a light coat to prevent rust.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That's for you to decide.  
I just scrub w/ toothbrush and then wipe off with rag, then I take a q-tip w/ a little bit on it and lightly go over it.  I really don't think that leaving it dripping wet is going to give you any advantage over leaving it almost dry.  JMHO, YMMV
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#4]
No it doesn't.... I just accidently sprayed some in my face minutes ago. CLP picks up too much dust grit etc so i dont use too much.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
oiling

Sorry didn't realize that you did not have a sense of humor, and I didn't mean to waste your precious time........... I woulda done a search of the archives and found that link for myself but unfortunatly I have not paid my dues and AR15.COM won't allow me access.............. Maybe next time I'll say Newbie trying to find out how much CLP to put on my B/CG and get flamed for being a dumbass newbie that don't know shit.... when in reality I've owned a dozen AR's and this all boils down to me having a friendly discussion with a buddy that I thought I could get a quick answer to from a reputable website that he could not dispute. But just like clockwork someone has to pipe up with a smartassed comment about my title! Well it's my Gawd damned title live with it, if you don't like the stooooopid title don't click on it or hell for that matter, don't respond!
Man I'm just playin' thanks for the link..... He says he sux.... LOL

- Clint  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:08:53 AM EDT
[#6]
+ 1
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:25:52 AM EDT
[#7]
a few drops on a patch and wipe the bolt and carrier with it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
oiling

Sorry didn't realize that you did not have a sense of humor, and I didn't mean to waste your precious time........... I woulda done a search of the archives and found that link for myself but unfortunatly I have not paid my dues and AR15.COM won't allow me access.............. Maybe next time I'll say Newbie trying to find out how much CLP to put on my B/CG and get flamed for being a dumbass newbie that don't know shit.... when in reality I've owned a dozen AR's and this all boils down to me having a friendly discussion with a buddy that I thought I could get a quick answer to from a reputable website that he could not dispute. But just like clockwork someone has to pipe up with a smartassed comment about my title! Well it's my Gawd damned title live with it, if you don't like the stooooopid title don't click on it or hell for that matter, don't respond!
Man I'm just playin' thanks for the link..... He says he sux.... LOL

- Clint  

Yeah dude, lighten up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
On the sliding contact points, around 2-3 drops each. With the bolt, 4-5 drops. The rest of the carrier doesn't strictly need oil, but should get a light coat to prevent rust.

+1  

Sometimes I add a very light coat of grease to the bolt carrier rail pads.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top