Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2006 3:55:38 PM EDT
Can anyone suggest a coating that would best match Magpul's Coyote Brown? And please, no one mention Brownell's "Coyote" ... it's greenish grey to me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Try BROWNELLS!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Pardon the comedian. As soon as you said magpul I think you lost ol' cleatus here.

Actually Brownells works pretty well.

Norrells matched perfectly but is not as durable.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say try Duracoat but I couldn't tell you which of their 10 browns would match.  I actually let them charge my credit card for their product catalog AND their Duracoat catalog.  I received a Duracoat catalog but nothing else.  Stupid Assholes.  The DC catalog was no better than looking at swatches from their website.  

I think their website was created from this little POS brochure they had lying around.  

I was *hoping* it would be like looking at a 2006 Ford Mustang catalog where there would be paint chip samples or some sort of attempt to get a good color match.

Nope!  I have used several colors.  None of them turning out in real life anything like their cheap brochure or website shows.

poopoo...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As soon as you said magpul I think you lost ol' cleatus here.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I'm just going to paint everything the same color instead of trying to match the plastics.. JosephR, I really like your Tiger Stripe Borwn setup and might go with that color.

Has anyone ever disassembled an M93B for painting? I'd like to paint my stock, stripped lower and ladder panels. If anyone is up for the job or can reccomend someone please let me know!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tiger Stripe Borwn setup

Pic??

TS
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tiger Stripe Borwn setup

Pic??

TS

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=263915&page=1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top