Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:40:59 PM EDT
I am trying to match a Colt Sporter lower with an Olympic Arms 7.62x39 upper. The fit is close but not close enough to be able to pull the bolt back or close the rear pin latch.  I would appreciate some opinions on how to go about modifying either the upper or lower to enable the fit.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The lug on the upper that the pin slides through may be hitting the lower before it can go into place.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am trying to match a Colt Sporter lower with an Olympic Arms 7.62x39 upper. The fit is close but not close enough to be able to pull the bolt back or close the rear pin latch.  I would appreciate some opinions on how to go about modifying either the upper or lower to enable the fit.  

Your problem is you are trying to mate something of questionable quality to something in spec.

I would get a 7.62 Colt upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top