Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/2/2006 9:41:05 PM EDT
My Colt Sporter locks up when I fire Wolf .223's.  Other domestic ammo (new manufacture) , with brass cases works fine.  Is it safe to assume that my chamber needs to be opened up and if so is that a job that a rookie can do with some realatively inexpensive tools?
MY APPOLOGIES - I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG AREA.  If someone knows how to delete this then feel free.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My Colt Sporter locks up when I fire Wolf .223's.  Other domestic ammo (new manufacture) , with brass cases works fine.  Is it safe to assume that my chamber needs to be opened up and if so is that a job that a rookie can do with some realatively inexpensive tools?
MY APPOLOGIES - I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG AREA.  If someone knows how to delete this then feel free.

i found your problem
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is it safe to assume that my chamber needs to be opened up and if so is that a job that a rookie can do with some realatively inexpensive tools?

OMFG NO!   Rookies should not be messing with a chamber that harnesses 50,000+ PSI, unless they want to turn it into a grenade.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
How many rounds of Wolf have been through it?  Heard in an armorer's course that the gas port can clog up with enough crap ammo.  Combines with lower pressures of Wolf, a fte can occur.  Remove the FSB and clean out the port in the barrel and the ports in the FSB.  Also, cleaning the chamber won't hurt either.

Randall
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top