Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:02:29 PM EDT
Is it possible to mount a scope with out leaving marks on the scope body?  I thought I had seen some rings with a insert or something. I was thinking about putting plastic tape on the inside of the rings to avoide marking up the scope. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think that tape would allow the scope to move in the rings during recoil. Why worry about ring marks, as they cannot be seen when the scope is mounted? Or are you planning on selling the scope at a later date?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe he means just during installation into the rings?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Laping the scope rings would be your first best preventative.  No worrying about something you cant see would be second.

I lap the rings on all of mine just to get best fit for the scope.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top