Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 11:30:11 AM EDT
How well do these actually work vs hand cleaning, and would you trust this enough to put your AR in one of these?

Police Products Corp.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
ultra sonic cleaning is the shit if you can afford it

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure it does a fine job, we send out car parts for ultrasonic cleaning and it's fabulous, but not for me, well at least not for my weapons anyway. I strongly believe that part of becoming familiar with a weapon comes with cleaning by hand. Every detail, every flaw is noticed, and when cleaning by hand you become intimate(for lack of a better word) with your weapons.

I wonder if a rifle will pass a Marine Corps weapons inspection after ultrasonic cleaning..
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the fries are up! Mmmmm, fries....

But really I know a guy who was in the Special Forces, he said they had a big tub like that full of CLP. They would take their forearms off their uppers and put them in it and let them soak while they were cleaning their lowers. Then they would wipe off the excess and run a patch or brush through the bore. They did this after intensive training.

What kind of solution do they use that cleans without attacking the plastics? I've also been told that ultrasonic cleaners can make flat spots on round plastic pieces if you're not careful..
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#6]
We have one like thes but it has one more tank. Each tank hold about 25 gallons. I have not cleaned much gun stuff in it but it will clean stuff like new again.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder if a rifle will pass a Marine Corps weapons inspection after ultrasonic cleaning..

We clean our weapons first, then drop them in.  I can't imagine taking a heavily used weapon and tossing it in.

Now thats being thurough!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I just had an idea
Are AR15s dishwasher safe?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just had an idea
Are AR15s dishwasher safe?

lol
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top