Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:28:41 PM EDT
Is the les baer worth the extra grand vs the bushy.I own a bushy but am wondering if it is worth the coin to go with Les baer.Any other makes I should consider as well,all input is welcome!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP

I'd go with the Bushie.  I'm not sure about how much better the LB would be over the bushie, and I don't think it would be worth the extra $$.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't think so. Not for just a target gun. With good ammo, the Bushy Varminter is about the best out there in the accuracy department that I have seen.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a 350+ yard shot on a 6" prairie dog with my Bushy Varminter. There's more if you look under More Video....In short, go with the Bushy

Video
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunatly you aren't gonna find too many Les Baer fans here...

If I had the extra cash, I would get a Les Baer just to say I had one! Les guarantees 1/2 MOA on his rifles and Bushy don't but you would probably be surprised what you are able to do with the Bushmaster.

I own an OLYMPIC ARMS which is the trailer trash of AR15.com and much like driving a crappy Pinto..... Les Baer is like the hopped up Mustang Saleen that I can't afford but but tell everybody I will own one, one day!  But the problem is you are telling guys who have Lamborogini's and they don't give a fuck about your Mustang......

- Clint  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys for all the info and that video is bad ass!!!!!
I have decided to go with the bushy!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I probably will be flamed for promoting the Les Baer, but here goes anyway.

I bought a Bushy Varminter prior to the end of the BAN, so the fit and finish was very good.  However, this particular sample would not consistantly produce tight groups.  Typically, a 3/4 MOA rifle.  Not bad for a shelf gun, but I wanted better accuracy in a PD gun.  

The Bushy was replaced with a LBC Super Varmint.  Immediately, I was shooting 1/2 MOA and better.  Fed 69GR Gold Medal, GM223M, will typically cluster into 1/2 inch at 200 yards, with the usual outlier spreading the 5 shot group to just under 1 inch.  This being under ideal conditions.

Hope this helps.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top