Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:42:42 AM EDT
Ive been lurking here for some time and have gone over the "build it yourself" thread a million times over. I ordered my RRA lower and parts kits theFriday before last and it arrived the following Wednesday to my FFL along with my parts. I picked her up that Friday and sat down that night and put her together..the pivot pin was a bitch but most of it was easy as pie.
Now my RRA M4 upper is on its way and hsould be here sometime this week...Im hoping since it was shipped UPS ground ha ha
well anyways on to my not so impressive pics

Also I found another mag so thats 23 mags already...kinda funny Ive got mags and no complete rifle yet.

*EDIT*
My upper has come in shes put together and to be honest "feels" tighter than my buddies Bushy if thats possible.
i cant wait to fire her

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of mags (some appear loaded) and nice lower.  I agree with you - kinda funny.

Looks like you did a good job on your build.  Congrats!

Be sure to post a picture once you get your upper in.

CSP
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like me. I have a lower and just bought a handfull of mags from the EE and don't have an upper yet. Still shopping. Nice job on the lower.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lots of mags (some appear loaded) and nice lower.  I agree with you - kinda funny.

Looks like you did a good job on your build.  Congrats!

Be sure to post a picture once you get your upper in.

CSP

well im at 23 mags right now. and more keep coming in
Some are loaded but with blanks...dunno why but ive got the barrel plug and everything to run them.
Ill have much more pics when I get the upper in...should be this wekk I am hoping! and I slipped when putting the pin in the bolt catch so she has a small "ding" there but im not gonna cry about that. I cant wait to go shoot thing damn thing!
but so far its coming along well.
Thanks guys

Also previous to this AR the only experience I had with one was my buddies bushmaster. and well this RRA lower "feels" like its "tigher" than that bushmaster in everyway...its kinda weird.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice start! You are ahead of me.  I think it's perfectly normal to have mags and no rifle. All I have as a rifle until Thursday is a single point sling. I started collecting ammo before anything.

Thursday I should have ten 30rnd mags, complete Stag lefty upper, ARMS #40 rear sight and a LULA.

Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Well the upper came in a day early!
everything is put together and damn the upper and lower fit nice and tight against each other!!
im very happy with my purchase..cant wait to shoot her!

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice ar !

Now , get out there and feed it :-)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Very nice ar !

Now , get out there and feed it :-)

Im hoping to feed it this weekend :)
if not well payday is coming up LOL
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats! Sure is a nice feeling huh?
Pics look great.

Gene
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:13:10 AM EDT
[#9]
OMG CS

[H]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:14:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice Colt!

[H]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Congrats! Sure is a nice feeling huh?
Pics look great.

Gene

Feels great. Never put anything like this together. Cant wait to shoot it!

Quoted:
OMG CS

[H]

Quoted:
Nice Colt!

[H]

LOL you two kill me. Remind me the next time Im in the Springs to try and look ya both up.
Perhaps a trip to Rampart Range or somewhere else is in order
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice AR, what kind of knife is that?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nice AR, what kind of knife is that?

Its a Spyderco Civilian. That and my Spyderco Military are my daily carry items.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Great looking rig, assasin!!

Feels terrific doesn't it?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:38:32 AM EDT
[#15]
job well done it looks great
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Great looking rig, assasin!!

Feels terrific doesn't it?

Thanks
I didnt think I could do it my self. the bolt catch gave me a little shit and I nicked the lower a little bit...shoulda used tape. but its nothing big and you wont find me bitching about it
I dont have alot of experience with AR's the only thing I can compair it to is my friends Bushmaster and to be honest the fit and finish on this thing seems a little better...and for some reason it "feels" a little heavier than the bushy...but i dont know why

Quoted:
job well done it looks great

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Sweet.  Now you just need to get rid of that ridiculous carry handle on the EE and get a BUIS that can be used with whatever optic you end up going with.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sweet.  Now you just need to get rid of that ridiculous carry handle on the EE and get a BUIS that can be used with whatever optic you end up going with.

The handles there since I havent decided on any optic or BUIS as of yet.
soooo many choices kinda makes things hard
hell im still debating on a free float quad rail.
but either way im still planning on picking up a POF gas piston upper
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top