Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 11:57:35 PM EDT
Now i know I've seen the question answered before... infact I THOUGHT I bookmarked a place who sells it, but where do you get thsi stock?

yes i know for a fact i've seen it here before... I've even seen the link to where you could buy it.. I just can't find it anymore and I can't find the link in my bookmarks....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:06:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Magpul Stock.  I WANT ONE TOO!

http://www.bizplaces.com/magpul/
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the Magpul Precision Rifle Stock.  Just look thru the EE on New Lower Parts, or just go to their Web site:   www.magpul.com ,  it lists at $255.00 and free shipping there, but you can find it in the Equipment Exchange for a little less.
I think it looks great.  It got some very nice features.

Chief
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#3]
ah ha.. thankya

damn magpull seems to be making alot of stuff I have an urge to spend money on lately
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
The only grip I would have with it is that I wish it had more "hook" in the butt area.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#6]
The magpul guy must still be recovering from a SHOT show hangover.

That is one heck of a stock, will be ordering on for my AR10 when i get a little more money.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice stock. However, according to the web site there is only 1 inch of LOP adjustment.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Or go here:  Dennys ad in EE
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The only grip I would have with it is that I wish it had more "hook" in the butt area.

I don't have a picture of it buy using a small, pict mount , K grip like those solf by Ace Stocks ltd gogives a very good offhand hold farther back than front hook.

well that makes sense...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the way it looks.  I WILL be getting one of these stocks sometime in the future.  I like the mono-pod for the butt.  Very Nice looking stock.

Chief
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
The PRS is a nice stock, I have one for my AR-10T.  The manufacture quality is top notch and is very simple to replace if you're changing it out from an A2 stock.

Things I've noticed:
-LOP adjustment of 1" seems to be enough.  I used it to transitioning from a bench to prone.

-It weighs quite a bit more than an A2.  This can be a good thing if you have a heavy bbl target rifle, to help balance it out.

-If you like to use the sling attachment on an A2 stock as a buttstock hook, this feels way different.  I have no idea if it's better or worse, it is just a different feel.  I know that I liked to lay my left hand on my bicep which cradled the stock.  Now with this new shape, that's almost impossible.  I need to give it time in order to adjust.

-The hourglass shape to the butt seems to fit nicely and should facilitate better repeatability.

-The PRS stock feels way better in the prone position than from a bench.  For some reason, it seemed clunky on the bench.  In the prone position it's pretty comfortable and easy to manipulate.

-I didn't use the cheek riser.  I like my scopes low.  That being said, the extra surface area made my cheekweld feel better.

-The cheek riser on the AR-10 model is modified to accommodate the longer charging handle.  They do this by cutting down a standard cheek riser.  This gave it a painfully sharp 90 angle, which I gave a radius with a jewelers file.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top