Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 10:45:33 PM EDT
OK, So I'm getting an AR soon. I don't know which kind to get! I know I want an M4 A3, but dont know which brand to get. Everyone has told me Bushmaster or RRA, but man they are high. Is there any cheaper alternatives that will still be reliable, and durable? And where should I purchase such a rifle?

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OK, So I'm getting an AR soon. I don't know which kind to get! I know I want an M4 A3, but dont know which brand to get. Everyone has told me Bushmaster or RRA, but man they are high. Is there any cheaper alternatives that will still be reliable, and durable? And where should I purchase such a rifle?

Thanks

I have a DPMS M4 and an Oly M4. No issues with either since I got them, and my DPMS has seen a few carbine classes and not choked once
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Here ya go...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Model1sales.com Has pre built uppers cheap. And RBprecision has prebuilt lowers for $190-280

If you find a combo between those two you could have a quality noname rifle for less than 580$
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Stag is great stuff for a great price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Model1sales.com Has pre built uppers cheap. And RBprecision has prebuilt lowers for $190-280

If you find a combo between those two you could have a quality noname rifle for less than 580$

does that count bolt/carrier/charging handle?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
rbprecision.com
Complete with lower parts kit and 4 position stock $205.00

W/Regular stock A2 ---$180

Model1sales

16'' AR15 C.A.R. Upper Half  $300.00        
CHOOSE CHAMBER
5.56 NATO.223 Rem    with B/BC/CH extra $85

TOTAL FOR THE TWO :

$585
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:14:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Well one thing I have learned in life is that "cheapest & Quality" dont co-exist.  You either want quality, or you want cheapest!  You get what you pay for.  In terms of AR's, nothing is cheap inexpensive.  To me its worth "ponying" up the extra couple hundred bucks to but quality.  As far as reccomendations go, I had a Bushmaster, but unfortunately I got one of the over-torqued barrels, and several calls to customer service and the rifle being sent back 3 times did not resolve my issues, so I got my money back.  Others have had great luck with their bushies including a friend of mine that bought his about a month after me.  I have heard a lot of praise for the Rock River as well, but I have not fired or personaly held a RRA.  I decided to go with a Colt.  Lot of people say your paying for the name.  Well that may be true, but if I ever go to resell it in the future (I highly doubt it though) I will get more out of it for that very reason.  Just personal opinion.  Whatever you choose to buy, congratulations, and I'm sure you will love it...stay safe!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:55:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top