Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 2:31:57 PM EDT
I'm looking for two measurements maybe someone can help me out with.  I've got a Bushmaster A3 16".  The stock on it is about 10.5" long and the entire firearm is 34.5" long from the tip of the barrel to the back of the stock.  When I put on a 6 pos collapsible stock and have it fully collapsed, about how much shorter will the entire length of the firearm be?  If you aren't sure about that, how long is a 6 pos stock fully collapsed?

The reason I ask, I just ordered a 6 pos stock from the equipment exchange and I'm looking at a 32" case like this one:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/15016.jpg

Do you think it would fit with the new stock?  I'm kinda thinking it would.  If I save even 2" with the stock collapsed it should fit.  Agree?

Thanks in advance.  Also, great site, I've been lurking for a while now.  ;)

-Kid
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
7.5"
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent, it should work!  Thanks.

-Kid
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe a 16" carbine with a 6 position stock and standard A2 FH is about 31" overall when it's collapsed.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have that same case (32") and my 16" barreled - w/6 position stock M4 fits in it perfectly.....

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried to PM you back but you have your PM's turned off or something.....

Here's a pic of mine with the case....

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent, thanks a lot!

Also, I fixed my IMs.  ;)

-Kid
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
See the chicken grease on the forearm? I just had Popeyes.....

- Clint
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top