Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 4:33:44 AM EDT
I would like to add two or three inches to the stock on my AR. Is there a practical way to do this?

I have a couple of ideas, but a longer buffer tube for my 6-pos collapsible would be the easiest.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe there is a spacer available. Check the Bushmaster catalog/website. This combined with a thicker recoil pad should do it.

ETA: Brownell's has an extendable target butt plate that might work for you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]
You must either be a huge guy or have gorilla arms? (Or don't like to keep you nose the the charging handle?) I'm 6'2" and usually have to buy the "tall" cut of shirts\jackets in order to fit my arm length but yet I find the A1 length stock, (which is 5/8" shorter then the A2) more comfortable to shoot then the A2.

How big are you that you want to add 2-3 inch's? That's a huge increase in LOP.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you chicken winging?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You must either be a huge guy or have gorilla arms? (Or don't like to keep you nose the the charging handle?) I'm 6'2" and usually have to buy the "tall" cut of shirts\jackets in order to fit my arm length but yet I find the A1 length stock, (which is 5/8" shorter then the A2) more comfortable to shoot then the A2.

How big are you that you want to add 2-3 inch's? That's a huge increase in LOP.

I'm 6'3"  in my stocking feet and the A2 stock is too long to be comfortable for me.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would like to add two or three inches to the stock on my AR. Is there a practical way to do this?

I have a couple of ideas, but a longer buffer tube for my 6-pos collapsible would be the easiest.

You're going to have to measure your arm from your pit down to your fingertips.

I suspect that this is more an issue of technique than equipment.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, you must be tall, I'm 6'5" and prefer my 6-pos one or two notches in from the maximum.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe he's Shaq.

KAZAAM!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#8]
As usual, the world says, "There's not a big enough market for that."

I'll just shamble back to my cave and hunker down again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top