Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:44:23 PM EDT
I need a five round mag to go varmit hunting with my AR in this state. I have looked at 44mag, Cabelas, and the Bushmaster sites and found junk. Anyone know of a good source for these? I would like to buy a few but I dont like the ones that are half plastic, anyone know of a place that makes them all metal about the same lenght as a GI issue 20 rounder? Or one that fits flush with the lower?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if this one is all steel or not. First item on the list. www.gunaccessories.com/AR15/AR15magazines.asp
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I hunt a lot with my AR and have used a lot of different 5 rndrs, and I only use ALL METAL mags. Bushmasters makes some that work well, as well as Colt, and they are all metal standard 20 rnd size with a stopper inside to limit them to 5 rnds. I recently ordered some 5 rndrs off of 44mag.com, the ProMag 5 rndr that is 20 rnd size and also the "flush fit" mags from National Mags. By the way, these are not flush fit! They go up in the mag well over half way! Plus they look and feel cheap; however, I have been using mine without a hitch for a couple months. It is a great extra mag for a pocket on my hunting coat because it is small and doesn't poke me. You shouldn't have a problem finding any all metal mags - I ordered my Bushy right from them, got my Colt from a gun show, and obviously the other 2 came from 44mag.com.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, its just the Bushy website did not have a picture. Thats really what Im needing is a 20 round size with a stopper.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Go with the ProMag 5rnd from 44mag.com. It is 20 rnd size, all metal, works great, has a lifetime guarantee and is only $10!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Go with the ProMag 5rnd from 44mag.com. It is 20 rnd size, all metal, works great, has a lifetime guarantee and is only $10!

i looked all over 44mg.com and cannot find that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I contacted 44mag.com and wouldn't you know it, they stopped selling ProMags! Bastards! Mark from 44mag.com said they are still available from ProMag (www.promagindustries.com ) but they are like $28 or something like that. Still worth it if it's what you want. But do a web search, you might be able to find some there.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top