Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 2:25:27 PM EDT
I would appreciate any info regarding this piece which I picked up just prior to the 1994 ban. The box was marked R6521 and the receiver is marked "Colt Carbine" serial # CC 0010**. It has all the pre-ban features except there is no bayonet lug. I've not seen this variant before and I was wondering how common it is. Thanks...Mike
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Does it look like this picture?

Did it have a blue label on the box?

It should be a model R6520 and S/N# CC001616 and below are pre-ban made around '88 to '90 per biggerhammer.net website.

It's one of the pre-ban carbine models available like the model R6001 AR-15 Sporter w/collapsible stock (SP1 Carbine) and the model R6520 AR-15A2 Gov't Model Carbine.

I once owned a '85 model R6420 carbine with A2 features but with teardrop forward assist, A1 sights and A1 lower (green label box).

I also had a '91 model R6530 Sporter Lightweight with no bayonet lug, no mag release button fence, A1 solid stock (blue label box).

Ref Biggerhammer.net website link

Ref AR15.com Lower Receiver & Mag Floorplate Rollmarks, Logos and Markings thread link
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Uncommon indeed.

I had one, but have since sold it.

It's a Colt Gov't Carbine with a different roll mark. That model was destined for export.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#3]
That's it alright. The box does have a blue label, but does say R6521. Thanks for posting the picture and all the information....Mike
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's it alright. The box does have a blue label, but does say R6521. Thanks for posting the picture and all the information....Mike

6521? Interesting. It amazes me how many variants of the Colt AR15 there are. I have read/seen literally scores of them.

But 40+ years of building them for all parts of American placement, as well as International work will do that.

In Black Rifle II, there are pages of them listed.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top