Posted: 2/25/2006 9:25:34 PM EDT
3 shot burst

legal?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
not unless you have $10K+ laying around...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes it's legal.  The key words are "your M16A1 machine gun".  Do you have one of those?  If so then your O.K..  They wont fit in an AR lower with out machining.  And unless you a licensed builder, building a "post sample" or LE weapon, you just bought yourself an E ticket ride to club Fed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Long story, short, no.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes it's legal.  The key words are "your M16A1 machine gun".  Do you have one of those?  If so then your O.K..  They wont fit in an AR lower with out machining.  And unless you a licensed builder, building a "post sample" or LE weapon, you just bought yourself an E ticket ride to club Fed.

Owning those parts with a compatible gun (any AR-15) is not legal and the ATF can charge you with the intent to manufacture an illegal machine gun.  If you don't own an AR-15, then yes they are legal to own.  Also, those parts will fit in an AR lower without machining but they won't work without additional parts, one of which requires machining.  

Edited to not be so explicit to prevent people from getting stupid ideas and ending up in club FED.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll consider myself spanked.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Don't.
Those parts are legal to own so long as you have an M16/DIAS on a form 4.
Spare parts.
You can own 30 other AR15's, but so long as you own one M16, you are good to go.
Now, of course, if you buy 30 sets of an M16 FCG that might look a little fishy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:22:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't.
Those parts are legal to own so long as you have an M16/DIAS on a form 4.
Spare parts.
You can own 30 other AR15's, but so long as you own one M16, you are good to go.
Now, of course, if you buy 30 sets of an M16 FCG that might look a little fishy.

You're right.  I should have clarified but I thought that was obvious.  I misunderstood what VinnieBoomBah posted...I thought he said it was legal if you don't have an M16 because according to him those parts won't fit in a lower without modification, which they will. Also, the author of this thread obviously does not have an M16/DIAS on form 4, like most people, or he wouldn't be asking that question.  

In conclusion, unless it's legal in your state, you plan on going through the paper work, paying thousands of dollars, getting anal probed and finger printed with an extensive background check by the FBI, losing your right to privacy(the ATF/FBI can drop by your place at ANY TIME and check up on your machine gun), DON'T buy that FCG, don't look at it and don't even think about it! If you don't already have an M16/DIAS on form 4, having possession of those parts with a compatible gun will subject you to up to 10 years in club FED, up to a $10,000 fine and you will never be allowed to own a firearm ever again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You're right.  I should have clarified but I thought that was obvious.  I misunderstood what VinnieBoomBah posted...I thought he said it was legal if you don't have an M16 because according to him those parts won't fit in a lower without modification, which they will. Also, the author of this thread obviously does not have an M16/DIAS on form 4, like most people, or he wouldn't be asking that question.  

In conclusion, unless it's legal in your state, you plan on going through the paper work, paying thousands of dollars, getting anal probed and finger printed with an extensive background check by the FBI, losing your right to privacy(the ATF/FBI can drop by your place at ANY TIME and check up on your machine gun), DON'T buy that FCG, don't look at it and don't even think about! If you don't already have an M16/DIAS on form 4, having possession of those parts with a compatible gun will subject you to 10 years in club FED, up to a $10,000 fine and you will never be allowed to own a firearm ever again.

wrong.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#10]
You are wrong.  The only thing I left out was "up to" 10 years in club FED.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:43:36 AM EDT
[#11]
and that the fine is up to $250,000
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#12]
National Firearms Act:

"Sec. 5861. Prohibited acts

It shall be unlawful for any person:

c) to receive or possess a firearm made in violation of the provisions of this chapter;or

(f) to make a firearm in violation of the provisions of this chapter;or

Sec. 5871. Penalties

Any person who violates or fails to comply with any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be fined not more than $10,000, or be imprisoned not more than ten years, or both."

http://www.nraila.org/federalfirearms.htm#Sec.%205871

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:22:10 AM EDT
[#13]
(M8) What can happen to someone who has an NFA firearm which is not registered to him? [Back]

Violators may be fined not more than $250,000, and imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both. In addition, any vessel, vehicle or aircraft used to transport, conceal or possess an unregistered NFA firearm is subject to seizure and forfeiture, as is the weapon itself. [49 U. S. C. 781-788, 26 U. S. C. 5861, 26 U. S. C. 5872]

NFA FAQ

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#14]
The FAQ is wrong. Look at the sources in the brackets and then read the actual text in those sections. The fine is not more than $10,000.  There is no $250,000 fine anywhere in the NFA for any violation.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:27:39 AM EDT
[#15]
The BATF spreading misinformation?! Never!

Anyway, it's a moot point...I sure as hell am not going to try find out what the max penalty is!
I sure hope no one else here wants to either...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top