Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:12:55 PM EDT
I saw this pic on this forum and want to get on for my Bushy Varminter. Anybody have a good place to get one?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Do a search for "LMT SOPMOD" stock...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn $250.00, what do you think is better, this or the Magpul PSR
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you are planning on jumping out of planes or kicking doors, another option
is the airsoft version of the SOPMOD...if you're just looking for a comfy cheekweld
and adjustable LOP on a budget, that could work..

I got one for about $50 (you would still need a mil-spec buffer tube) on the EE
It's pretty nice, but I ulitimately settled on a Vltor.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
CAA and Fobus have a snap on cheek piece that does the exact same thing. A friend ordered a few at Shot but I can't tell you how much. If you're just lookig for the buttstock, I believe that those fit the larger receiver extension tube, so know that a replacement will be for the whole kit unless you already have that size extension.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
look through the industry forum for other stocks that have similar cheek welds.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
CAA and Fobus have a snap on cheek piece that does the exact same thing. A friend ordered a few at Shot but I can't tell you how much. If you're just lookig for the buttstock, I believe that those fit the larger receiver extension tube, so know that a replacement will be for the whole kit unless you already have that size extension.

I got the CAA one this weekend at a gunshow for $25, its a REALLY nice additon to a collapsable stock, very solid/sturdy.

I think I have seen them in the EE for about $20. Its a much cheaper option than the SOPMOD stock.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw this pic on this forum and want to get on for my Bushy Varminter. Anybody have a good place to get one?

i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/nortonw/BushmasterVarminter.jpg

Bill..... saw your great PD vid, by the way.....

but have to ask:  mounts and scope specs??

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Unless you are planning on jumping out of planes or kicking doors, another option
is the airsoft version of the SOPMOD...if you're just looking for a comfy cheekweld
and adjustable LOP on a budget, that could work..

I got one for about $50 (you would still need a mil-spec buffer tube) on the EE
It's pretty nice, but I ulitimately settled on a Vltor.

I give this thread 3 pages and a lock...n
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]
The magpul stocks are SOLID.. if i was to blow $250 on a stock, it would be one of the Magpuls(either the collapseable or their new one).
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the VLTOR.  Same cheekweld, but you don't have to remove the stock to get the batteries out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/nortonw/BushmasterVarminter.jpg

Bill..... saw your great PD vid, by the way.....

but have to ask:  mounts and scope specs??

Thanks

Sorry, nothing fancy, just a 20X Simmons scope with crappy rings. Looking to upgrade before the next trip this year, hence this thread. Glad you enjoyed the video.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top