Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 5:28:29 AM EDT
Just bought an Olympic Arms MFR.  Bought it used for a good price, not too mention the accessories it came with.  

Any comments good or bad about this manufacturer?

Smith in Pittsburgh
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:29:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Yea, I just answered you in your other post!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:31:15 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTL!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:32:57 AM EDT
[#3]
If your looking for Olympic Arms “specific” info then you might be more at home asking questions here:  www.oa2.org/
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Olympic Arms makes some fine products these days.  Assuming your deal was a good one, you will be happy with your purchase.  I said it in another post, and I'll say it again here, I don't think there is a compromise in any area with an Oly.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Olympic Arms makes some fine products these days.  Assuming your deal was a good one, you will be happy with your purchase.  I said it in another post, and I'll say it again here, I don't think there is a compromise in any area with an Oly.

One area my Oly was lacking in was the quality of the FCG. Loose fitting, rough cut and machine markings for example. That was 2001, so I can not say how good their quality is now. I parted out the rifle and haven’t looked back since.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#6]
To each his own.  If you had those type of problems, I can't see where you would have a high opinion of them, I doubt i would either.  My experience with them has been entirely good, both with the rifles I have owned and buddies rifles I have shot.  I HAVE had problems with another ABC brand (canted front sight base, misaligned gas tube, loose stock), as a result I personally stay away from that company.

I guess my point is that, yes Oly had some problems some years back, but those have been corected.  Other manufacturers have their problems too, doesn't mean they are bad weapons.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top