Posted: 2/24/2006 7:13:22 PM EDT
on both 16" and 20" barrels?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
From the Maryland site:

Improved Battlesight Zero by LTC Chuck Santose.  A great all purpose zero for all rifles/carbines (no matter the iron sight type); and you zero in yards (50) instead of meters.  It keeps the bullet within 2" of the point of aim from 8M to 220M (very flat trajectory).  Also perfect for carbines with A1 sights; and ARs having a 'Red Dot' type sight inline with their iron sighs [on a flattop or in front of the carry handle]. PDA

More info here and here
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
From the Maryland site:

Improved Battlesight Zero by LTC Chuck Santose.  A great all purpose zero for all rifles/carbines (no matter the iron sight type); and you zero in yards (50) instead of meters.  It keeps the bullet within 2" of the point of aim from 8M to 220M (very flat trajectory).  Also perfect for carbines with A1 sights; and ARs having a 'Red Dot' type sight inline with their iron sighs [on a flattop or in front of the carry handle]. PDA

More info here and here

I see that it works for carbines but I don't see that it works for rifles. I don't know why it wouldn't though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont know why it wouldnt work either.  Give it a try and let us know if it works.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dont know why it wouldnt work either.  Give it a try and let us know if it works.

I don't have any A1s yet, but I'll have one someday and wanted to know if the IBSZ would work because I like that zero on my A2s.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I see that it works for carbines but I don't see that it works for rifles. I don't know why it wouldn't though.

On a rifle the bullet arcs a little higher.  It's a slightly flatter version of the standard M16A1 zeroing method (which was a 43M/250M zero).
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On a rifle the bullet arcs a little higher.  It's a slightly flatter version of the standard M16A1 zeroing method (which was a 43M/250M zero).

So does this mean that the IBSZ will work with A1 sights on rifles and carbines
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Define 'work'.  Will it produce a useful trajectory that is fairly flat.  Absolutley.

Will it produce the exact same trajectory - no of course not.  Heck changing from M855 to M193 will have an effect (though minor) on the trajectory.

As Chuck would say "this ain't X-ring shooting".
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Define 'work'.  Will it produce a useful trajectory that is fairly flat.  Absolutley.

Thats my definition of work! Thanks!

I was just confused because I didn't see anywhere on your site that the IBSZ could be used on A1 rifles with 20" barrels, I only saw that it could be used on A1 carbines.

Thanks again!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top