Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2006 5:40:35 PM EDT
I am looking for well documented studies on TAP ammo and similar rounds and their performance for entry/SWAT team use. Administration at my PD is currently of the mind that any 5.56 round is too dangerous for this use. We do have more than a dozen ARs that are collecting dust. I know the FBI has some information on different 5.56 rounds compaired to pistol caliber stuff but I can't find anything on the net. If anyone has links or scanned copies of reputable ballistics studies they could provide they would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.theboxotruth.com/index.htm

9mm or 5.56 are both going to go through a lot of stuff before they finally stop.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top