Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2006 2:59:07 PM EDT
I would like to Swap my Carbine's Rail system out for a full length FF handguard. the CASV is a nice system but it has the drawback of my PRI signt not working well with it (it wont close) and I prefer my ACOG being the .50 lower. I want a solid, well made system. It's going on a 16in barreled Bushmaster upper. So what Should I get?

Daniel Defense 12 MU

Troy MRF-R

Knight Long FF

Larue tactical 12

Is it a bad or good idea to go with a full length handguard or should i go with a mid length?

What is a good low profile gas back to get?

What is a good rail mounted front sight? How is PRI's new Rail mounted front sight?

Who Should I have install the gas block and Rail?

Thanks for any help,
Nathan

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
1) Larue 12.0
2) Gas Block either the LaRue or the PRI
3) I've had no problems with my YHM - I haven't had a chance to try the others
4) If you're not going to install it.  But the gear from Wes at www.MSTN.biz and have him install it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
What makes the Larue Superior to the others?

Thanks,
Nathan
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Please add any personal XP with any of these rail systems that you may have, Thanks.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Samson.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Samson.

Is the Samson the same as the Troy? They look Almost identical... so whats the difference?

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:06:01 AM EDT
[#7]
first samco is the absolute best out there
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:13:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Which one? The Plastic 2 rail or Plastic quad rail? I must buy one!  

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:05:20 AM EDT
[#9]
ARMS SIR #58Mmod - Military version that "wraps" around the PRI flip up front.

Dont need a spacer for my Aimpoint and it mates perfectly with my ARMS 40 BUIS

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:17:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nathan

this is arfcom! both!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:42:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
ARMS SIR #58Mmod - Military version that "wraps" around the PRI flip up front.

Dont need a spacer for my Aimpoint and it mates perfectly with my ARMS 40 BUIS

One of the main reasons I am ditching the CASV is because I prefer my ACOG mounted lower.

uote]Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nathan

this is arfcom! both!

Will it Make My Rifle Truly TacDuckle?

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Hi I have a 12 in larue a13.2 in larue, a 7 in DD and a Kinight RasII FF system. I also have had a YHM 7in. Of all the ones I have tryed the larue is the best. They and the DD are about the same price. But anti rotaion device is a real big plus. They are a little hever than the DD but thats becouse the are milled from bar stock. Its just how much you want to spend and what you want to use it for. Forward optic mout etc. But for the money go with the larue cant go wrong.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#14]
There you go.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I pretty much Have the rail I want selected... Now I just need to sell the CASV-EL. It's awesome, but I should have thought about the height of the ACOG... didn't think it would bother me only being 1/2 inch difference.

CASV EL For Sale

Know anyone that wants one?

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#16]
DD or Larue will do you right.

DD is lighter and slightly narrower.

Larue has anti rotation key like C4Grant stated, but blue loctite should work very well for the other brands from keeping the FF from coming loose.

Also DD are much easier to find at the moment.  Larue are in short supply.

There are several excellent vendors here on the forum that can install them.  GandRtactical.com, MSTN.biz, Bravocompanyusa.com, Globaltactical.com, just to name a few and in no particular order of preference because they are all Tier 1.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
DD or Larue will do you right.

DD is lighter and slightly narrower.

Larue has anti rotation key like C4Grant stated, but blue loctite should work very well for the other brands from keeping the FF from coming loose.

Also DD are much easier to find at the moment.  Larue are in short supply.

There are several excellent vendors here on the forum that can install them.  GandRtactical.com, MSTN.biz, Bravocompanyusa.com, Globaltactical.com, just to name a few and in no particular order of preference because they are all Tier 1.

Good Luck

Thank you, pokemon man.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I run a DD 7.0 on my duty pig, and a DD 9.5 on my training version.  As already mentioned, the DD rails are the lightest available.  I also prefer the oval as opposed to the donut style (feel free to insert cop joke).

Being a visual poster, here is my DD 9.5

img497.imageshack.us/img497/5318/stick22bl.jpg

Looks beautiful stick. I think I have picked what I am going to go with, but everyone keep it all comming!

Nathan
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top