Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2006 9:20:42 AM EDT
I recenlty located the above gun in like new condition with a Docter Optiks scope on it for $900.  I have NO experience with AR's or this scope for that matter but was wondering if this seems to be a good deal.  Should there be anything that I watch out for.  IS this a good model?  Any advice will be greatly apprerciated.

I plan on using it for coyote hunting and general plinking and target shooting.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Vmatches are an excellent rifle.  They have free floated barrels and flat tops for good optics positioning.  I have both the 16" and 20" versions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that may be a really premium scope...so $900 for the combo may be a good deal.  If the rifle looks clean, I'd buy it for that.

dvo

edit to add that Docter Optics least expensive 1" scope is about $450 and range upwards of $900.  Nice German made optics.  If rifle and scope are in good shape...you would be getting a heck of a deal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses guys.  I started looking around for info about those scopes..and you are right DVO, they do run around the $450 mark.  I wish I could remember if it was a 30mm scope.  I do however remember seeing the add on turrets from Doctors website...which run about $140 for each turret!  I may be dusting off the wallet tomorrow for sure!

Toast...from the pictures I have seen of the 16 inch v match, it looks like the forearm is longer than a starndard carbine length.  is that true and is it considered a "middy" or is that an illusion?  My only concern is that the all aluminum forearm must get reallly cold while hunting.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually it's no longer than a regular handguard.  It runs out to the gas block.  I had some pictures of one of my 16"ers for sale.

Take a look over here....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=325735

I hope this helps.  I wouldn't worry about it getting cold.  It's aluminum, just like the rest of the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is my V-match Rifle . yYs I love it and it has 24" barrel that shoots Blackhills 75gr. and loves them too.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top