BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:44:16 AM EDT
Any advice from someone that has used any of these would be great,
The choices i have rarrowed down below,
I do like the looks of the trow the best, but i dont know if it is the strongest

Larue car length Free Float Rail
Troy MRF
Danial defence

Thank you in advance
Hanna
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Go with the Daniel Defense Handguards.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#2]
LaRue come highly recommended by me and a lot of our dealers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I really have been impressed with my LaRue 9.0

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm very happy with my Daniel Defense 9.0.  Lightweight & sturdy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I own (Or have owned) an example of all of them & I prefer the Daniel Defence & Larue (Tied for first)with the ARMS products comming in a close second.
Mind you this is only my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Daniel Defense is the lightest, the Troy is the easiest to install (and has a removable lower pannel).

The Larue installs like the DD, is only a little heavier than the DD, but has some nice features to improve it's strength and to resist torque.  Overall I'd rate it the best of the buch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I have all three, which I'm using for all different reasons:

If you want a tight fit and also easy on the eyes (cosmetically beautiful!), go with Larue...

If there's a chance you may want to add a 37mm or M203 Launcher, go with the Troy (this will give you top and side rails while having the launcher on the bottom)....

If you want to save a little weight, go with Daniel Defense...

All three are great rail systems, and I would honestly be hard pressed to choose a favorite!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 for DD you will be very pleased but if you want cosmetic perfection go with larue
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I only have a Daniel Defense rail but I am very pleased with it.  It is very solid.  That said, you cannot really go wrong with any of them, from what I understand.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Does Anybody use Midwest Industries FF System? I am in the market for FF's and it seems as though they are a great value and well made. Anybody use these that would like to comment?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I have three Daniel Defense forearms now, love'm, never a problem out of them. That said, the LaRue forearms are just as nice.  So I would buy whichever you find first out of LaRue or Daniel Defense offerings.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Can't go wrong with any of them I like the Troy though.  I think I might buy a Samson next though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top