Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 8:26:02 PM EDT
Does anybody know how to seal a sticker onto a Cav stock? I put a Punisher sticker on it, and I'd like to make sure it doesn't rub off from handling it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll eagerly await this one as well:  considering the price, it's hard not to doll up a CavArms stock.

I've always thought that the white letters on black background "NIN" (Nine Inch Nails, the grunge band) would look great on a rifle stock.

-MV
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I would immagine that some clear epoxy would keep it on there well. I know a guy that makes coasters with beer caps in the bottom that are totally submerged in clear epoxy. It is clear as glass so long as he keeps it just a little thicker than the beer caps.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm gonna put stars and ponies on mine
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

MADE MY NIGHT, phoebus
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've always thought that the white letters on black background "NIN" (Nine Inch Nails, the grunge band) would look great on a rifle stock.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:07:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:28:48 AM EDT
[#7]
We have (had) this stuff in our Production Support facility that we called "Elephant Snot", mostly because it was thicker than Elmer's liquid cement. It dried fairly quickly (considering it's consistency) and it dried very clear and smooth. We used it to cover the identification stencils on our equipment.

You might try finding a commerically available version of that stuff. Hell, even Elmer's Liquid Cement might work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:29:58 AM EDT
[#8]
super-glue?  

The epoxy idea sounds good too.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:43:12 AM EDT
[#9]
satin clearcoat?

maybe gloss for the stars and ponies.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:23:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We used it to cover the identification stencils on our equipment.

I work in aviation. We do something similar with the calibration stickers on our torque wrenches. To keep the stickers from falling off and getting lost, which would render the torque wrench unserviceable, we apply a coating of “5 minute epoxy” to the stickers. It dries clear and if you tape off the borders you get nice smooth lines.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks all, I think I'll try epoxy. I'm goint to home depot to se what they have.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top