Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 6:00:36 PM EDT
I am thinking of buying RRA that was put together (upper, lower) The dealer says its all from RRA. Obviously the lower has RRA on it but how do I tell if the upper is RRA? It has the dominator RRA handle.

I also seen another post RRA or Bushy? What do you guys mean buy dremel job on the feed ramp on the RRA?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The cuts dont quite match.  I had an upper that had em, and ran thousands of flawless rounds through it.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:20:08 AM EDT
[#2]
hack jobs that isnt needed.

ever look in the chamber with a mag inserted? tip of the bullet clears the "ramp" by a mile
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:56:40 AM EDT
[#3]
RRA extended ramps = marketing gimick.  Any RRA upper that runs 100% with the extended ramps would run 100% without them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:18:38 AM EDT
[#4]
You might want to read what the RRA moderator says about this on the RRA forum.

Cheers,

Phil
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:31:49 AM EDT
[#5]
If it was put together by a dealer chances are that you don't have anything to worry about.  I don't think they hack away at individual pieces, maybe just complete rifles.

I have a RRA upper that wasn't touched by the dremel.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:36:09 AM EDT
[#6]
the hack jobs i own came from rra and were complete uppers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:22:25 AM EDT
[#7]
For your reading pleasure, here's a thread from the RRA forum on the subject of Dremmeled "ramps."  Very interesting.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Two things:

1.  Unless you are regularly feeding ammo like Winchester Power Points, feeding with a standard barrel extension/receiver combo is a non-issue.

2.  Unless something is grossly out of spec with the rifle or magazine or combo of both, no receiver mods are required for proper feeding.

They are doing this for very little to no good reason at all.  They are taking standard, in spec equipment (the upper receiver) and making it a one-of-a-kind  bastard part that may or may not match up with the next barrel it is mated to (if that ever happens) thus requiring more Dremel bastardization to match one to the other.

IMO, IIRC, YMMV, XYZPDQ and all other disclaimers apply.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
For your reading pleasure, here's a thread from the RRA forum on the subject of Dremmeled "ramps."  Very interesting.

unecessary.

breaking the edge, hacking the reciever/bbl. same thing.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top