Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2006 12:59:31 PM EDT
anyone using the Enidine AR-restor?  Is it hard to fully pull back the charging handle to cock hammer?....and....Have you broken or bent the charging handle while pulling it back?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
anyone using the Enindine AR-restor?  It it hard to fully pull back the charging handle to cock hammer?....and....Have you broken or bent the charging handle while pulling it back?Been eating the wheaties again, have you

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
noooooooooooo  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've not such problems using my Enidine in my AR-15.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Any of you guys using the Enidine having lock back issues?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I can lock mine back manually, it just takes more oomph.  Approx. 15 pounds of oomph, according to Endine, IIRC. I was aware of this before I got it.  A couple of times yesterday while shooting, the bolt failed to lock back on an empty mag.  I'll be keeping an eye on that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Any of you guys using the Enidine having lock back issues?

Not while firing it, only when trying to engage the mag catch in a empty mag...

TS
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got one installed in my rra m4. Manual lock-back is harder than with a stock buffer but not that hard. Have not had a chance to shoot it ye so hopefully I wont have any mag catch problems. Try using hotter ammo, I have heard that much of the mag empty bolt catch problems were solved when not using wolf.
-jls7
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:10:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:58:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Enidine recently lowered the internal return spring pressure from ~9lbs to about ~4lbs which should significantly decrease last-round bolt lock back problems and also make it easier to manually lock back.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Any ideas on how this would work with a Middy 6.8? I'm just waiting for CMMG to release their Gov't profile midlength for my next build!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#12]
How does one go about having the old enidine buffer replaced with the newer one with the softer internal return spring? I did email them. No reply yet.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I've got my Enidine on the way!  One question...with the lock-back issues stated, has anyone tried clipping a coil or two off the buffer spring until the bolt will lock back?  I've got an extra spring, and if I have issues, I may experiment with this idea.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:39:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've got my Enidine on the way!  One question...with the lock-back issues stated, has anyone tried clipping a coil or two off the buffer spring until the bolt will lock back?  I've got an extra spring, and if I have issues, I may experiment with this idea.

I would not do that as it will harm your rifles' ability to return the bolt into battery reliably under varying conditions.  Best to just take the buffer out and return to what you were using previously.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#16]
YMMV, but I use the 9mm buffer in my M4s, all the benefits with none of the lock-back or any other issues and for less than the cost of one of your choices here I get 3 of mine.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I had an Enidine in my M16, and switched to an MGI because of the issues mentioned in this thread. It works as stated, and does a better job than the Enidine.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#18]
i got my eddy buffer in my m4 and havent had any lock back issues. And ive been able to shoot cheap wolf so far. So if it will lock back on some crummy wolf, i don see any issues :p Btw the thing is freaking awesome, recoil seems to be cut in half and the sights move like an inch off center if that after the shot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Shot my M4 today with the Enidine installed, and the rifle short stroked on every single shot!  It was like shooting a bolt action rifle for Christ's sake!  Checked my gas rings and they were okay...was shooting pretty old Win white box stuff, so who knows?  I should've brought my standard buffer with me but forgot.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top