Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:55:05 AM EDT
My search-foo is weak....I know Diemaco shows one on their website, but I seem to remember someone else making them here...anyone remember who?

Thanks, Boo
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:58:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Defensive Edge, they're in the Industry Forum
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:14:35 AM EDT
[#2]
CNC Gunsmithing makes the best version out there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:26:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

how so?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:40:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Defensive Edge, they're in the Industry Forum

That's the one I was thinking of.....thanks!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#5]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how so?

CNC Gunsmithing version - Easily removeable with threaded knobs and designed to actually be carried by the handle if needed. The opening is larger that an A2 handle opening. Machined from billet with tight tolerances. First one on American market made in America. And personnal preference as Justin at CNC Gunsmithing made the first one for me.

Defensive Edge version - Made by Superior Arms.  Unsure if billet or forging. Requires allen wrench for installation or removal. Hanlde hole too small to use as a carry hold. Copycat design.

This is just my opinion obviously, as I have not seen the Defensive Edge version up close.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#6]
"Picture says a thousand words"...the CNC version looks much nicer than the DE/Superior version.  It looks more well thought out/more nicely machined.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#7]
To compare both, I would like to know the corresponding prices ...

H

P.S.: links where to buy except EE?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The Superior version is $120.00
www.superiorarms.com/id20.htm

The CNC version is around $99.00
Can't find my link at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#9]
$79 at Defensive edges website....for the Superior

eta= If I'm reading correctly also, the CNC doesn't come with the sight installed, you must add it. However it is a nice looking product.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Defensive Edge version - Made by Superior Arms.  Unsure if billet or forging. Requires allen wrench for installation or removal. Hanlde hole too small to use as a carry hold. Copycat design.

So its removeable and has an A1 site assembly.  How does that make it a copycat?

Its kind of hard to make a removeable carry handle with an A1 site that isnt similar to other ones.

The very fact that the CNC has room for your hand while the superior arms does not tells me it is not a copycat.  Maybe a similar idea but not a copycat.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#11]
here is the link

http://www.cncgunsmithing.com/misc.html

I've got the A1 carry handle from CNC, my only comment re:it is when looking throught the rear sight, there is a really bad reflection of the front sight on either side of the carry handle. Not sure if this is a common problem with the DCH, but it kind of bothers me.

I've been thinking of painting it a flat black, to see if this will take care of the problem.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I meant copycat in making a removeable carry handle with A1 sites. Lets not get hung up on semantics here. No one else, in the US, thought to make one until CNC made the first ones and put them on his website.

I know Diemaco made one in Canada as I've seen the pictures.

eta= If I'm reading correctly also, the CNC doesn't come with the sight installed, you must add it. However it is a nice looking product.

All you have to do is ask Justin to install a set for you. He left the rear site out as a lot of guys wanted an A2 aperature, so he left it up to the buyer to install the sight of his/her choice.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I think the advantage of the Superior A1 Detachable Carry Handle is that it is a slim profile and doesn't have the protruding knobs on the side, which I find to be annoying.  With the CNC handle, I might as well keep the A2 Removable Carry Handle I have now, and enjoy the benefits of elevation adjustments.

A simple sleek design like the A1 Superior handle has a few advantages over the CNC, IMHO.  Both are nice, but I don't see the knobs or 'ability' to grab the carry handle as big enough pros to outweigh the slim design of the Superior model.  I think not having any knobs is a HUGE plus.

H
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think the advantage of the Superior A1 Detachable Carry Handle is that it is a slim profile and doesn't have the protruding knobs on the side, which I find to be annoying.  With the CNC handle, I might as well keep the A2 Removable Carry Handle I have now, and enjoy the benefits of elevation adjustments.

A simple sleek design like the A1 Superior handle has a few advantages over the CNC, IMHO.  Both are nice, but I don't see the knobs or 'ability' to grab the carry handle as big enough pros to outweigh the slim design of the Superior model.  I think not having any knobs is a HUGE plus.

H

Calling Mr. LaRue! Mr. Mark LaRue! Carry handle with levers please..............

Just kidding.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

H

Calling Mr. LaRue! Mr. Mark LaRue! Carry handle with levers please..............

Just kidding.

Don't kid!  That would be excellent!

I worship Larue products cause they just simply kick ass.

In fact, I'm naming my second child "Larue."

My first kid is already named "Magpul"
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
here is the link

http://www.cncgunsmithing.com/misc.html

I've got the A1 carry handle from CNC, my only comment re:it is when looking throught the rear sight, there is a really bad reflection of the front sight on either side of the carry handle. Not sure if this is a common problem with the DCH, but it kind of bothers me.

I've been thinking of painting it a flat black, to see if this will take care of the problem.

+1...The reflection is pretty distracting on the CNC.
I'll bet a quick spray job will fix it...

I think the blades of the sight channel are a bit sharp as well.
But overall, a cool, somewhat unusual alternative to an A2.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I think a Larue Carry Handle would be the solution to all the world's carry handle dilemmas.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I meant copycat in making a removeable carry handle with A1 sites. Lets not get hung up on semantics here. No one else, in the US, thought to make one until CNC made the first ones and put them on his website.

Let's NOT get hung up on "semantics". Both the CNC and the Superior handles are copycats. The fact that Diemaco is Canadian doesn't have any effect on the fact that they were first, and that the CNC is the same stolen concept. I guarantee that CNC had seen the Diemaco. We're not exactly talking abut triumphs of modern engineering here; look at the concept on a Canadian rifle, sit down at Solidworks, and fuck around for a few hours; TA-DA.

Calling the superior a copycat, and the CNC the original is the single most ridiculous assertion I have EVER heard in my entire goddamn life. Double the ridiculousness when you try passing it off as a "reason" to get the CNC over the superior.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

H

IIRC Defensive Edge sells the superior Carry Handles with a Same Plane aperture installed (better than the A2 aperture).
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

H

IIRC Defensive Edge sells the superior Carry Handles with a Same Plane aperture installed (better than the A2 aperture).

ooo....that IS a nice feature indeed
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Let's NOT get hung up on "semantics". Both the CNC and the Superior handles are copycats. The fact that Diemaco is Canadian doesn't have any effect on the fact that they were first, and that the CNC is the same stolen concept. I guarantee that CNC had seen the Diemaco. We're not exactly talking abut triumphs of modern engineering here; look at the concept on a Canadian rifle, sit down at Solidworks, and fuck around for a few hours; TA-DA.

Calling the superior a copycat, and the CNC the original is the single most ridiculous assertion I have EVER heard in my entire goddamn life. Double the ridiculousness when you try passing it off as a "reason" to get the CNC over the superior.

I thought up the idea of an A1 carry handle and sent my suggestion to CNC long before I ever saw the Canadian version. It's just a case of "great minds think alike". CNC didn't steal the concept as he never saw the Canadian version prior to making his design. I don't think he knows the Canadian version even exists. We just thought up something someone else thought up without knowing it till after the fact.

Oh, and chill out dude, this is just a conversation and I just stated my opinion. No different than a couple of guys discussing which FF railed forend to use, or which one is better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, you stated your opinion, but it's irrational, and I pointed it out. Let's do another thought experiment, then. If you thought it up by yourself, what makes you think Superior didn't, either? It's not exactly rocket science.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yes, you stated your opinion, but it's irrational, and I pointed it out. Let's do another thought experiment, then. If you thought it up by yourself, what makes you think Superior didn't, either? It's not exactly rocket science.

Truth is, I thought it up first back in 1995.  Sorry to burst the bubble guys.  I also invented the world's first red dot optic, vertical foregrips, and the Bindon Aiming Concept.

If I had marketed it first, it would have been the HAC concept.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I think a Larue Carry Handle would be the solution to all the world's carry handle dilemmas.

Actually with the LaRue fixed BUIS its half built already!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually with the LaRue fixed BUIS its half built already!

lol....maybe I should put 4 in a row and call it good!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I have the CNC, no problems.
I installed the XS same plane sights.
Works great.
I highly recommend them.

I personaly like the fact that I don't need to fumble fuck with an allen wrench to remove the carry handle if I want to mount the Eotech.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I personaly like the fact that I don't need to fumble fuck with an allen wrench to remove the carry handle if I want to mount the Eotech.  

The Superior model is designe on the fact most people won't be changing them in the field.  Either they use optics or they will be using the handle.  

I think if you work in an area where there is a chance your optic migh be destroyed and you'll have to go to the fixed carry handle during a prolonged fire-fight then the CNC unit would definately have an edge.

It's great that we have both options!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Superior model is designe on the fact most people won't be changing them in the field.  Either they use optics or they will be using the handle.  

I think if you work in an area where there is a chance your optic migh be destroyed and you'll have to go to the fixed carry handle during a prolonged fire-fight then the CNC unit would definately have an edge.

It's great that we have both options!

If I were to go into an area where an optic might get damaged then I am going to bring the A1 uppered AR15 so I don't have to worry about fumble fucking with an optic or a removable upper.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Yes, you stated your opinion, but it's irrational, and I pointed it out.

So it's my irrational opinion. Get over it already.

Let's do another thought experiment, then. If you thought it up by yourself, what makes you think Superior didn't, either?

Maybe they did. Who cares? I didn't say I had a monoploy on the idea.

It's not exactly rocket science.

Whatever.

You are no longer arguing one product over another, you are arguing about the wording in my posts. Who designed it first? Who cares? Is it a copycat? Who cares? If copycat was not a good choice of words, who cares?

I happen to like the CNC version better than Superiors version and I stated the reasons why I like it better. if you don't agree with my rational or irrational reasons for liking one over the other. SO WHAT. GOOD FOR YOU. YOU WIN. FEEL BETTER NOW?

Have a nice day.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Much better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yes, you stated your opinion, but it's irrational, and I pointed it out.

So it's my irrational opinion. Get over it already.

Let's do another thought experiment, then. If you thought it up by yourself, what makes you think Superior didn't, either?

Maybe they did. Who cares? I didn't say I had a monoploy on the idea.

It's not exactly rocket science.

Whatever.

You are no longer arguing one product over another, you are arguing about the wording in my posts. Who designed it first? Who cares? Is it a copycat? Who cares? If copycat was not a good choice of words, who cares?

I happen to like the CNC version better than Superiors version and I stated the reasons why I like it better. if you don't agree with my rational or irrational reasons for liking one over the other. SO WHAT. GOOD FOR YOU. YOU WIN. FEEL BETTER NOW?

Have a nice day.

Eh, shit happens.

We read what others post and take their thoughts from that.  The begining of your post showed an obvious bias towards CNC, nothing wrong with that at all.  They did good by you and you got an awesome product.  Then when reading your post the perception is that you bad mouth Superior (may be strong words me saying bad mouth, but you call them a copy cat, maybe strong words on your part) so you have to understand why people might jump on your opinion.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I understand how the perception could be made I was bad mouthing Superior. Were cool here. No bad blood. I do have a bias towards CNCs version has I had a hand in designing it. While I haven't had any issue with the knobs on removeable CHs hanging up on my gear, I can see where Superiors version would have an advantage in that area.

Does anyone know if Superior makes their own handles or could these actually be Deimacos?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:31:30 AM EDT
[#33]
That CNC Detachable A1 carry handle with LaRue QD levers would be sweet...

...Are you listening Mark?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:32:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
That CNC Detachable A1 carry handle with LaRue QD levers would be sweet...

...Are you listening Mark?

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I might as well keep the A2 Removable Carry Handle I have now, and enjoy the benefits of elevation adjustments.

The whole point of having an A1 carry handle, or BUIS, is to get rid of the A2 sight and its (worthless) elevation adjustments.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if Superior makes their own handles or could these actually be Deimacos?

I'm pretty sure Superior makes and sells all their own products.

www.superiorarms.com/id29.htm

Defensive Edge also sells a carry handle with the knobs on the right side if you want them there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I might as well keep the A2 Removable Carry Handle I have now, and enjoy the benefits of elevation adjustments.

The whole point of having an A1 carry handle, or BUIS, is to get rid of the A2 sight and its (worthless) elevation adjustments.

But at the cost of having protruding knobs hanging off the upper like a couple of black boogers....

nah....

Cause if I'm so concerned about the 'annoyances' of elevation & windage knobs...then I'm also concerned about the handle's profile.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#39]
I e-mailed CNC a couple of months ago and never heard anything back. I figured they had quit making them or just didn't want any business.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I e-mailed CNC a couple of months ago and never heard anything back. I figured they had quit making them or just didn't want any business.

Now now that's not nice.  Maybe the email didn't go through.  That's happened to me before with other vendors.  Keep it civil in here soldier.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Does Superior make a chopped A-1 sight. I did the group buy on the one from CNC but did not like the end product.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Does Superior make a chopped A-1 sight. I did the group buy on the one from CNC but did not like the end product.

I hope so,  that is what I'm wanting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The other option is to buy the superior and chop it yourself. It's not like there isn't instructions out there on how to do it.

Or buy the LaRue...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top