Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:58:32 PM EDT
Well....instead of ordering an entire rifle I ordered them by upper and lower....saved a little but not much.  Ordered an upper this morning....while I worked out a local FFL to ship the lower assembly to.  Ordered the lower this evening but it is out of stock with Eagle and everyone else short of RRA themselves...so hoping Eagle has one soon or cannibalizes a full rifle for me...LOL.

I ordered the Elite CAR A4 with flat top as I am going to likely put a ARMS #40 on rear for BUIS.  I used an Aimpoint on my weapon the last few years so will likely go Aimpoint again with one of the QR mounts to keep it low on top....and hopefully I can sight the ARMS through the Aimpoint....if not may change mount or BUIS to get it right...but either way with QR only takes a second to flip the levers and off the bitch goes.  I have that type of setup on my Marlin 1895 as a Scout rifle....open peep sights for day to day...fiber optic front with drilled out hood to let light on fiber.  Williams peep in rear...  AO scout mount with Leupold Scout scope on my .45-70.  Two quick lever throws and scope will drop to ground or in my hand and the ghost ring setup is automatically at my eye.  Want the same type of ease and reliability with my AR...

Now to decide to go with the 2-point sling I used or get one of those fancy Cobra slings I always wanted but could not get....

Guess next question will be which easy, light setup will let me mount a surefire to my hand guards....I am not much into buying every new thing on the block...like the KISS concept.  Less shit to go wrong and break....very spartan I guess is what I like.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
cool sounds like a really neat set hope to see it in pic thread.   I've got a NM on order should be here in 2 months or so.  RRA is on fire right now to the dismay of many a Colt fan.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my Elite CAR A4 w/chronme lined barrel at Eagle's grand opening on the 11th.   Sunday at the range and 200 rds later I'm a happy puppy.  You're going to love it, I do.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard ya, i ordered 2 RRA uppers last week from a retailer and my card hasn't even been charged yet.  Luckily, zombie season is like 7 months away still so i'll have plenty of time to stockpile ammo and practice bumpfiring before they come.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I also have a CAR A4 and love it.  Put an Aimpoint Comp ML2 with a GG&G quick detach mount and BUIS.  I also sprung the extra coin for the Surefire rail.  It's a freggen nail driver.

David
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
you will be very happy with RRA
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:39:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I heard ya, i ordered 2 RRA uppers last week from a retailer and my card hasn't even been charged yet.  Luckily, zombie season is like 7 months away still so i'll have plenty of time to stockpile ammo and practice bumpfiring before they come.hr

Well the upper was in stock and hopefully the lowers will be soon as I dont wantto wait over a month...I cant stand it. LOL
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:55:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Adco has great prices on the RRA gear, however RRA only has heavy-barrel M4 uppers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:58:37 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah I realize it about their HBAR...but given my uses I am not too worried.  THough it may make it point faster like a good light quail double gun I figure I can lose 10 pounds from my large body and lift 5 pounds more weight with each arm and make up for the few ounces of difference in the barrels...LOL.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Ordered my Elite CAR A4 w/ chrome lined, only one week ago. RRA said 6 to 8 weeks.  must be one of the few industries doing well in this country. new guy, Erie, Pa.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:28:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered mine through Eagle in hopes that the large distributors would get theirs before small individual orders.  They had the full rifle in stock but so many told me to order them in halves to save a little money....so I gave it a try.  If the backorder is going to be longer I may just have them change my order to a complete rifle...hahahaha  Then all I will need is a rear BUIS.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Right now my M4gery (16" M4, not the 14.5" M4 barrel) weighs about 0.5 lb more than the PS90 fully loaded. However the PS90 holds 20 more rd (50)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top