Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:01:50 AM EDT
I would like anyone who knows for sure if I can purchase a preban lower from a private seller and legaly own it in CT. I have herd all sorts of answers from the state police and they dont seem to know what thier talking about. So if any one could help it would be great. The company name is olympic arms.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
sure
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, and if you find more than one at a good price, let me know!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:33:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I sold my preban Eagle Arms Coal Valley complete lower to an ARFCOM member in CT (via his FFL).
The main restriction is you can't by a Colt (banned by name) in CT, even a preban, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes, and if you find more than one at a good price, let me know!

+3 I want a few
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes you can...

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:53:41 AM EDT
[#6]
So how much are preban lowers going for there?  I have a Coal Valley Eagle Arms lower that I built up during the ban.  I suppose I could sell off the pre-ban lower and put everything back onto a different lower.

Then again, I work for a company based out of CT.  There's always the chance that I'll have to move there some day.  Maybe I'll just hang onto what I have.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:12:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought my Oly stop sign lower for 350 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:22:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I know that CT screwed their own tax payer, Colt, and blocked ownership of Colt ARs, but what about pre-ban Colts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know that CT screwed their own tax payer, Colt, and blocked ownership of Colt ARs, but what about pre-ban Colts?

nope... it was one of those guns that had to be registered
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#10]
No pre ban Colts. Unless you owned it before the ban and registered at that time. AR-15 and Colt Sporter would be a no-no. There are pre bans out there they just cost more.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought my E.A. Arms Lower with the M4 Stock, and Jard Single Stage Trigger for $340 I think...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top