Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:30:34 PM EDT
I need some help....I think I'm gonna break down and start building myself an AR...I already have a post ban Bushy M4A3, however being left handed, Stag has me a little interested in their left handed uppers. So this is the part that I need some help with:  Do I build myself a Left handed M4gery to my liking, a right handed 20" A2, Or a 24" Varminter in right hand config? It doesn't bother me to shoot with the shells ejecting in front of my face too much, so what should I start with FIRST? I'm gonna do all three eventually, just need to get started.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
i put in half the lefty m4gery votes seriously which do you want more. i voted m4gery cause thats my next build
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I kinda want to do the M4gery build, but its a lot more $ than the others, cuz I'm going all out on it
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a fellow lefty, I thought about the stag lefties but backed away.  I like to build stuff, keep it  awhile, then sell or trade so I stayed all right handed.  I guess I'd build the a2 first, it would be the cheapest to find all the parts and it is the classic config.  If you choose the stag lefty post some pics.  Also, stag makes great parts at good prices (especially lower receivers).  Good luck I really think you'll enjoy building them I really had fun building mine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot left handed, but all my rifles are right handed. I just stick with that setup due to the vast majority of AR's being right handed. Makes for an easier time getting parts (more manufacturers). That being said I'm sure the Stag lefty will suit you fine if you're set on left handed.

I vote get 3 lowers at once from ffl, then everything else can be shipped to your house. I would complete the M4gery first.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#5]
lefty middy
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:39:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I would complete the M4gery first
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:55:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I am old fashioned build an A2 20". Oh hell who am I kidding I started out with a 24" flat top. just got my A2 20" and am buying the parts for my 16" carbine. build all three
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#8]
why not use the MGI system and get them all right away.    You would have to ask tom but you may be able to get a left version
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]
20" A2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top