Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:46:23 PM EDT
...i feel dumb for asking this but i bought a new RRA Carbine today and the bolt and carrier are really smooth. They have the texture of the outer surfaces of the rifle. Now on my BM M4A3 the bolt and carrier are made of a "rougher" textured material? Whats the deal there?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me that the "deal there" is a good deal. Good finish.

Bill
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Some bolt carriers have better finishes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]
its like night and day. this RRA is beautiful and smooth as glass. Also came with a set of free floated YHM railed guards,some Guarder airsoft knock off foregrip and unfortunately no BUIS so i will be running around tommorow to pick one up. I ordered a MIAD set,stock wrench, and ambi sling attachment thingee. This week will be fun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of my older bolts (Bushmaster, Armalite) are pretty smooth, but some more recent ones (CMT) have had a slightly coarser surface.

They all seem to work fine, though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top