BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:40:45 AM EDT
Just read this on another site and reposted here so everyone can read.  I took out authors name but leeft initials but he said he wants it known.

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffee and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products!

As a war vet writing to fellow patriots, I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house for what they and I believe is right.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will ever know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

"Semper Fidelis."

Sgt. H. C. W.
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT

IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT!!!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
More internet trash.  It's fake.  See the link.

Snopes
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Complete BS...

Snopes.com is your friend:
www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

/ETA Got beat by 32 seconds on my post  

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Hello there Sgt.

As I agree with this getting you a little heated and you wanting to let everyone know that Starbucks is the Devil, did you call Starbucks yourself and ask them what they thought of this?  Did you e-mail them what you have seen?

I'm just wondering because I see things like this floating around the internet all the time.  The originators are usually disgruntled empoyees, unhappy customers, or other businesses hoping to hurt the business in question to increase gain for themselves...  I even see this here on AR15.com, with post like, "Don't buy from X gun store".  When asked their reasonings, it's usually bogus, and not the companies fault.

If you indeed have talked to Starbucks, and this is your first hand experience, then F*ck Starbucks, but if not, I suggest you do before posting scuttlebutt...

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Belongs in GD, not here.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Where is the "Not this shit again" pic when you need it.

If you want to boycott starbucks do it because of the gay child molesters in the introduce your kids to being a fag booth at a fair in Cali, not because of this old wives tale.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Starbucks sucks anyway....their coffee may be good, but I rather support our New Orleans based coffee houses, such as PJ Coffee.

My 2 fing cents
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#8]
um you guys are pronouncing it wrong, it is fourbucks
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#9]
han
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Starbucks sucks anyway....their coffee may be good tastes like sludge and costs way too damn much, but I rather support our New Orleans based coffee houses, such as PJ Coffee.

My 2 fing cents

fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I wouldnt drink that swill, war support or not

but given this info?

Fook 'em, and the ghey horse they rode in on!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Family Guy fans?
Reiser: And what's with those Starbucks, huh? They're everywhere.
Peter: Uhh...a lotta people want coffee; that's supply and demand, it's the foundation of our entire economy Paul...

IBTL.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I may be crazy , but I prefer McDonalds for a regular cup of coffee. Starbucks has some good Frapiccinos though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#14]
IBTL- and I would never consider paying the price of several boxes of ammo for ANY drink.  Dr. Pepper can be had for very cheap and is better than any nasty coffee, regardless of how much cream, sugar, ice, sprinkles, and other nonsense you throw into it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Starbucks is tactically superior to any other coffee. One sip and you will not be sleeping anytime soon. I'm not talking about the caffeine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Starbucks is tactically superior to any other coffee. One sip and you will not be sleeping anytime soon. I'm not talking about the caffeine.

Venti quad shot vanilla carmamel Latte!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Venti quad shot vanilla carmamel Latte!!!!!

YES!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Dr Pepper=Yuck!  Only slightly better than big red
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#19]
1 large latte= 1WWB value pack.
2 large lattes = 1 huge can of Yuban, Folgers or whatever at Costco that'll last a month.

Starbucks consumption (luxury) during a brutal war ain't exactly "Greatest Generation" behavior. Support our troops bumper stickers while in the drive through line for their triple ghey carmlato whippe is laughable.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Why in the hell would somebody post this crap again?

Is this the GD forum? It seems to be spilling over into the tech forums more and more.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#22]
VARminator, redfisher, you are both need to think before you type. This is the stupidest fracking thing I've read all day. Are people totally devoid of ANY common sense?  Does the entire scenario sound remotely plausible to you? No, it shouldn't if you have  a modicum of sense. Just read the language; does it sound like corporate-speak to you? Do you reply to chain letters, or Nigerian spam?

"I read it on the internet, it must be true."

Critical thinking is your friend.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#23]
im going to star bitches right now and make a scene :) going to wear my "my SUV loves Iraq oil shirt" :)
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#25]
This is the perfect thread for Markm to post his stuff in....
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#26]
heres their customer relation line , givem an ear full.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
2 large lattes = 1 huge can of Yuban, Folgers or whatever at Costco that'll last a month.

Starbucks consumption (luxury) during a brutal war ain't exactly "Greatest Generation" behavior. Support our troops bumper stickers while in the drive through line for their triple ghey carmlato whippe is laughable.

What are these "Large" lattes you speak of?  Are they bigger than Venti?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#28]
i don't really care what any other website refers to as legitimate claims.  as far as i am concerned the allogations are true.  stay away from crapbucks
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
i don't really care what any other website refers to as legitimate claims.  as far as i am concerned the allogations are true.  stay away from crapbucks

So even though it is bullshit you just want to believe it?  A fan of conspiracy theories are you?  Christ, get a life...

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Someone lock this shit thread and get it out of the tech forum
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I heard this story while I was in Iraq, back in 03 and I can say that is 100 percent, unadulterated BS. We had a Starbucks in one of the R/R facilities in Kuwait near Camp Doha and there was a Pseudo-Starbucks that the guys from Battalion set up in CSC Scania; we had employees that donated their own bags of Starbucks coffee to our guys and believe me, nobody was denied a cup of Starbucks while in-country.

IMHO, Starbucks is seriously overrated; or as Dennis Leary would say "Wwhatever happened to Coffee-flavored Coffee?"

Oh yeah! I forgot!!!!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#32]

IBTL
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#33]
The Starbucks story has been around for a long time.  The issue came about for 2 reasons.  1) It is anyone's complete right to disagree with the War.  However, obviously it is f'ed up to not support our Soldiers Marines, Sailors and Airmen fighting.  That being said, Starbucks has been open in saying that while it is opposed to the war, they do support our troops.  2) A lot of folks in the military have been trying to milk their deployment for free stuff.  When asked, Starbucks declined to send them free coffee.  And, this was sent back to families back home and hence the tale of Starbucks not supporting the military.  Last time I checked, no one HAS to send soldiers free stuff.  They are a business after all and if they send free coffee to one company/troop/battery/etc. they probably would get caught up in a fire storm of requests.  

Given all that, I love Starbucks (a.k.a. Four-Bucks...'cause of the prices).  It's good coffee and for me in the ROK is a piece of home that suppresses the homesickness from time to time.  

So, I'm having a Grande, Triple Espresso Mocha with a little bit of caramel.  Who else wants one?

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#34]
AGNTSA
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Starbucks sucks anyway....their coffee may be good tastes like sludge and costs way too damn much, but I rather support our New Orleans based coffee houses, such as PJ Coffee.

My 2 fing cents

fixed it for ya.

+1
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#37]
My God this forum needs a Mod.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

You're right, having to ration coffee would be "Greatest Generation" behavior.

A $4 Starbucks is 'luxury' now? Iraq is a "brutal war"? Someone put too much money in the hyperbole machine today.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#39]
IBTL!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Hey, did you hear that starbucks makes their coffee out of orphaned children, that they buy on the illegal black market and then brutally kill to extract delicious flavors out of?

It's true - and don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise!!

Why hasn't this retarded thread been moved to GD or deleted already?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I dont go there anyway, but you can count me in if you want
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Post a link to a girl taking a dump and see how long it lasts.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#43]
"They tuk er jubs"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The beauty of free speech is you get to find out who the morons are. They announce themselves.

You shut that down, you lose a valuable tool.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#45]
FIGURE OUT WHAT THE TECHNICAL FORUMS ARE FOR
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:49:20 AM EDT
[#46]
We have a starbucks in our BX.

Oh yeah, IBTL...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:37:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Starbucks...

IBTL
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Just read this on another site and reposted here so everyone can read.  I took out authors name but leeft initials but he said he wants it known.

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffee and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products!

As a war vet writing to fellow patriots, I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house for what they and I believe is right.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will ever know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

"Semper Fidelis."

Sgt. H. C. W.
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT

IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT!!!

F-ckinf nit wit.  Do some homework nextime.  I was at Atlanta Hartsfield and Starbucks were giving free coffee to returning GI's.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:53:18 AM EDT
[#50]
IBTL or MOVE to GD

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top