Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:03:57 AM EDT
I go through phases.  Since I was in my last AR15 phase, I have gone through another 1911 phase and another shotgun phase.  Well I have gotten a 1911 fix and have almost completed a shotgun fix, so I am moving back into another AR15 phase.  I guess an M14 phase will be next.

I know, I know...it is a sickness...but the first step is to admit you have a problem.  

Hello, my name is Tom and I am a gunaholic.

Anyway...

Back to the topic of this thread, when I was last bigtime into ARs and tricking out my Colt M4, I remember seeing that there was going to be a limited run of Semi-auto Colt 11.5" Commandos that were going to be produced that could be purchased and registered as NFA short barrelled rifles.  Are any of these still available?  And if so, what is a source and best price on one of these?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#1]
That is great, you made the first step and admitted that you have a problem.

BUT none of us here are going to help you get through all 12 steps, most likely we are going to f-k up your chances to make it to step 2.

Like doing something like this:

I don't know if they have any left, but this is where I got mine:
www.jbarms.citymax.com/catalog/item/871198/961433.htm
I know he kept a few for his personal collection.
Also they pop up on the For Sale websites all the time.

You can also get registered SBR from SAW

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm the same way when it comes to phases. Drives my wife nuts. Last week was the Colt SBR phase, and yes, they are still around. Check Clyde Armory, they have a waitlist started for delivery sometime this summer. I really was tempted, but I need something to fill the void now. This week I'm into suppressors, I finally broke the wife down by convincing her I need one, but chances are the phase will wear off before I pull the trigger on one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I am starting the paperwork and paying for one tomorrow.  My dealer got 2 of them in last week.  He had ordered them last March expecting delivery in late 2005.  One of them was spoken for when he ordered them.  

I just happened to be in the shop a few days ago talking to him about an sbr and he showed me the one he had left.  I asked SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) if I could have it and she said yes.  

So my first NFA item will be a 6933 Commando.  Now I just have to get my sign off, pictures, prints and paperwork and send it all off with my $200 and wait.

Good luck finding one as they are really cool.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]
tacman556... don't get one.  The $$$ starts down the rathole.  You WILL go broke.  It's like a damn Xmas tree.  Stop before it's too late.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Specialized Armament Warehouse has them, but they want a lot of cash for them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Hello, my name is rogue007 and I am a Gunaholic..........
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
JBarms and David Spiwak still have some.  They both have ads on gunsamerica.com
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
This is bad...before too long, I will want one.

Wait, I want one already.

Dammit.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, that was quick! I am going through that phase right now; I am prtetty much finished with my first AR project...

Now I am thinking of an 11.5 variant. As much as i want to discard the idea, the idea just keeps popping in my head and screaming "YOU CAN DO IT!!! "

I went through the whole 12 step nonesense, only to trip on the 11th step and falling down the steps right back to the first one.

So, give up; quitting's for losers.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#11]
12 step programs are for quitters
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's mine sending some XM193 down-range.  Upper is a 11.5" Bushmaster, though -- complete with SIR and Aimpoint.  You don't need a genuine Colt...

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here's mine sending some XM193 down-range.  Upper is a 11.5" Bushmaster, though -- complete with SIR and Aimpoint.  You don't need a genuine Colt...

You are right, I don't need a Colt, I want a Colt...but I don't want a Bushmaster; however, I am glad you like yours.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Clydes Armory is now accepting deposits for theirs

I have one and cannot recommend one any higher

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#15]
They would have been way cooler if they had a "Commando" rollmark.

As it is, it's just a LE6921 lower with an 11.5" upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top